Richmond Developments

Cotuit

Good find! This is right across from the proposed Raven's View project

raven_s_view.JPG

http://richmondcitywatch.com/modules/galle...aven_s_view.JPG

And just a block away from another proposed residential development on canal between Foushee and Adams which could rise as high as 10 stories... From the Pending Land Use Applications at the Dept of Comm. Dev:

Good find! This is right across from the proposed Raven's View project

raven_s_view.JPG

http://richmondcitywatch.com/modules/galle...aven_s_view.JPG

And just a block away from another proposed residential development on canal between Foushee and Adams which could rise as high as 10 stories... From the Pending Land Use Applications at the Dept of Comm. Dev:

I would think that it would have to be more than 10 floors to make it worth building on such an expensive little piece of land.

The article states that the highrise could contain ten or more floors of office space. This would be an ideal location for mixed use tower. (i.e. Retail, Office, Hotel and /or Residential) The market would have to dictate that.

None the less, this is exciting. It shows that investors are interested in Downtown; especially south of Cary Street.

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of my favorite aspects of Richmond's revitalization. One house at a time, Richmond's neighborhoods are returning:

New Life for Old Homes

Run-down properties off Semmes Avenue in South Richmond would be frightening to some people.

Bill Pangburn finds them challenging -- and fun.

"People pay me to play with power tools all day long," said Pangburn, owner of Savoy Properties, a historic renovation company in Chesterfield County.

Pangburn, 55, just completed the renovation on an arts and crafts house. He is finishing interior work on a Victorian and starting on four other houses, all in the same neighborhood.

His former transformations won him the 2004 Golden Hammer Award for excellence in historic renovations from the Alliance to Conserve Old Richmond Neighborhoods....

This is one of my favorite aspects of Richmond's revitalization. One house at a time, Richmond's neighborhoods are returning:

New Life for Old Homes

I would have to agree with you. The description of the property in this story reminds me of my house on Brook. The basement being cut up into an 8-room maze. I remember the day my wife and I first went down there to begin remodeling. "Honey, hand me that big ol' sledge please.......WHAM, WHAM!!" It sure is a great feeling to bring a big, stucco former nursing home back to a big, grand single family home.

I think MeadWestVaCo will accelerate the development of the Semmes Ave. corridor immensely. Talk about convenience! Too bad there aren't any restaurants at all that I would consider asking my worst enemy to step into until you get to Forest Hill Ave.

I would love to see a tower at Semmes and (what is it?) 7th (?) at the foot of the Manchester Bridge with restaurants etc galore... still wishing for a riverfront stadium or amphitheatre.