Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

On I-drive going North right before the B-line there's land being developed there. Does anyone know what's planned to be built? It's not a small amount of land-looks big whatever it is.

Also-if you go to the Amon Development group's website-the Ballari Resort has a few nice pics - they've moved the project from future to current-so looks like we'll be hearing more about it soon.

That land clearing just south of the B-Line I am almost certain is clearing for Busch Entertainment Corp's new waterpark; combining traditional water park elements with themed animal habitats.

On I-drive going North right before the B-line there's land being developed there. Does anyone know what's planned to be built? It's not a small amount of land-looks big whatever it is.

Also-if you go to the Amon Development group's website-the Ballari Resort has a few nice pics - they've moved the project from future to current-so looks like we'll be hearing more about it soon.

BElz Outlets Redo--- very exciting. Yesterday's Sentinel had the article-- Prime is adding 80 stores, moving all the Designer Outlet stores over to the existing 2 bldgs, that is after they connect those 2 bldgs together in "race track" fashion, adding 80 stores and bringing the total to 1M ft2. THey will also make it open air.

Now, I understand why Citymark had that rendering depicting a bridge over to Belz area. THey are also giving the entire exterior a complete makeover; no more cheese;

that bridge would be vital for north I-Drive; it would also aleviate the bottleneck trying to get to Kirkman...

I coudn't agree more. North I-drive has had it's hard times-and as everyone probably knows it's because of it's accessability. Tourists will try something once-if they get burnt-they won't try it again (got that saying from a developer the other day!). Unfortunately there's good land there to build-good shops-but just no access and it has a perfect view from I-4. I wish they would completely revamp that I-4/Kirkman exit-doing that and putting in new roadways to connect I-drive to Kirman would be great. Something like what they're doing to the I-4/408 ramps. Has anyone been to the website to see it?

http://www.trans4mation.org/fdot/index/trans4mation.home

It shows what the future ramp will look like. Seems pretty impressive. Just glad I don't work downtown-that area's already slow during rush hour-don't want to see it when they start cutting up those roads!

I coudn't agree more. North I-drive has had it's hard times-and as everyone probably knows it's because of it's accessability. Tourists will try something once-if they get burnt-they won't try it again (got that saying from a developer the other day!). Unfortunately there's good land there to build-good shops-but just no access and it has a perfect view from I-4. I wish they would completely revamp that I-4/Kirkman exit-doing that and putting in new roadways to connect I-drive to Kirman would be great. Something like what they're doing to the I-4/408 ramps. Has anyone been to the website to see it?

http://www.trans4mation.org/fdot/index/trans4mation.home

It shows what the future ramp will look like. Seems pretty impressive. Just glad I don't work downtown-that area's already slow during rush hour-don't want to see it when they start cutting up those roads!

If you go to the CNL/City Hall parking garage, you get a perfect view of the I-4 construction.

BEC: I saw it yesterday-- big tract of land.

The Point Orlando- They have levelled the ground and have stakes marking parts of it.

Orlando Premium Outlets-- that hotel fronting I-Drive that's a condotel... can't remember the name... I saw activity on the site.

When I first spoke to the sales agents about Eden Springs resort they said it was actually being developed where the old Yogi Bear ?Club? was-and where the land is being developed is not where the Yogi Bear ?Club? was when I looked it up. You know I went by the spot we are discussing the other day - and out of all things - guess what the signs are saying what's being built- A WALMART!!!! I'm very dissappointed-I'm sure others will be too. Prime waterfront real estate being developed by Walmart-WHY??? I really hope I read it wrong. Again-I REALLY hope I'm wrong!

Much as I hate to admit it's true...

walmart-turkeylk.jpg

There has already been quite a protest over this. If I remember correctly the problem is that the zoning already makes this develoment legal. This did help lead to the current moratorium on big box retail stores while the issue is studied.

There has already been quite a protest over this. If I remember correctly the problem is that the zoning already makes this develoment legal. This did help lead to the current moratorium on big box retail stores while the issue is studied.

If that's the truth then the planning and zoning department should really review what they've zoned and where they've zoned it. Why would anyone accept putting a Walmart in that location? As the picture puts it, it backs directly up to Big Sand Lake. I don't get it??

Anyone heard anymore about Eden Springs Resort or Buena Vista Towers at Village Green? Buena Vista Towers is supposed to be really nice-just haven't heard much lately.

A list of property proposed-what am I missing? Basically proposed that haven't started turning dirt yet...

Buena Vista Towers

Aqua

Eden Springs

Palazzo del Lago

BLUE ROSE

Balarri

CityMark

Mona Lisa (have they broke ground?)

San Marco

Elegante

???????????????????

dont forget orlando sage resort.

what is elegante? not many renderings other than a building that looks like it was squashed by an elephant.

That's funny-I always felt the same way about Elegante. Why would they put that stupid picture up - it does do it's job by intiguing ppl. - maybe not in a good way but...It's a condo hotel-was originally going to be 800 units, now down to 400. Being built directly south of Blue Heron Resort on 535 overlooking Lake Bryan. Really haven't heard much more about it lately.