Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

Does anyone have any info on the I-drive Hilton and the Peabody expansion? Both of these projects are supposed to break ground this year and would really benefit the OCCC.

funny you should ask. a friend works for CBD and they are having a meeting either this week or next week on this issue with what to expect with the new hotel construction. she is going to try and get me in to that lunch. why? b/c I'm a freak who finds this stuff interesting. that meeting should clarify an updated timetable to all of these slated projects... I hope.

went to Reunion last night. Incredible development. Turner is doing Reunion Grande. Here's the lowdown:

Turner: Reunion Grande; Vue; possibly Ivanhoe.

PCL: 55W; Veranda Park Residences.

B&G: PTP; 801; Dynetech; FH South; and any future project predictions I will reserve comment on.

Hardin: Paramount; ?

Edited by JRS1

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...iness-headlines

pretty interesting, however besides the waterfall, no more details other than what we were teased with before.

Can someone explain to me where this Legacy Resort is being built by Rob Miller. I've only been able to find out a general area-north of 535 and east of Osceola Pkwy. If I look at a map there is a lot of land there, but is it right on the corner of that intersection????

Can someone explain to me where this Legacy Resort is being built by Rob Miller. I've only been able to find out a general area-north of 535 and east of Osceola Pkwy. If I look at a map there is a lot of land there, but is it right on the corner of that intersection????

I was always under the impression that Rob Miller's land was east of 535 and south of Osceola Pkwy., since the days of World Expo Ctr. I don't think its north of Osceola Pkwy. However, I have not been near there for quite some time, so I can't verify this via inspection. But I will soon, b/c I'm crazy like that.

As for the Landmark... metal and glass framing (prob. stainless) sounds very exciting.

Also, Mona Lisa at Celebration... totally forgot about that one.

I was always under the impression that Rob Miller's land was east of 535 and south of Osceola Pkwy., since the days of World Expo Ctr. I don't think its north of Osceola Pkwy. However, I have not been near there for quite some time, so I can't verify this via inspection. But I will soon, b/c I'm crazy like that.

As for the Landmark... metal and glass framing (prob. stainless) sounds very exciting.

Also, Mona Lisa at Celebration... totally forgot about that one.

After taking a second look at the article I got that location from I don't think I'm right. I saved an article from the Dec. 9th OBJ that says:

"By spring 2006, Miller says he'll move ahead with a 50,000-square-foot entertainment center on land north of the Osceola Parkway and east of State Road 535. He's in discussion with Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide about a Sheraton or Westin flag flying there"

I shouldv'e looked harder before I quoted. This doesn't mean that where Legacy Resort is, it's just saying he's building this entertainment center there. After looking at a map-it wouldn't make much sense being north of Oceola and east of 535 either since that would divide the property between Oceola and Orange when everyone is saying the property is solely in Osceola.

You are all over the place with tons of info-looking forward to seeing if you find the location.

After taking a second look at the article I got that location from I don't think I'm right. I saved an article from the Dec. 9th OBJ that says:

"By spring 2006, Miller says he'll move ahead with a 50,000-square-foot entertainment center on land north of the Osceola Parkway and east of State Road 535. He's in discussion with Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide about a Sheraton or Westin flag flying there"

I shouldv'e looked harder before I quoted. This doesn't mean that where Legacy Resort is, it's just saying he's building this entertainment center there. After looking at a map-it wouldn't make much sense being north of Oceola and east of 535 either since that would divide the property between Oceola and Orange when everyone is saying the property is solely in Osceola.

You are all over the place with tons of info-looking forward to seeing if you find the location.

north of Osceola... now that is interesting. yeah, I'm going to bring a note pad this time.

JRS1 You mentioned a while back "a friend works for CBD and they are having a meeting either this week or next week on this issue with what to expect with the new hotel construction. she is going to try and get me in to that lunch. why? b/c I'm a freak who finds this stuff interesting. that meeting should clarify an updated timetable to all of these slated projects... I hope."

How was the lunch? Did you find out any new info for those 2 hotels? What is the CBD anyway? Was the meeting just for those 2 projects - or in general the International Dr./Convention area?

JRS1 You mentioned a while back "a friend works for CBD and they are having a meeting either this week or next week on this issue with what to expect with the new hotel construction. she is going to try and get me in to that lunch. why? b/c I'm a freak who finds this stuff interesting. that meeting should clarify an updated timetable to all of these slated projects... I hope."

How was the lunch? Did you find out any new info for those 2 hotels? What is the CBD anyway? Was the meeting just for those 2 projects - or in general the International Dr./Convention area?

I haven't heard back from her yet. I don't know if they had that meeting yet either. The CBD is the COnvention & Visitor's Bureau. I think the meeting is about the state of the hotel inventory, primarily the OCCC area plus any new ones farther away that would benefit the center. I'll find out... I hope.

Blue Rose has a new virtual tour on thier website. This may be old news but the simulation shows that one of the towers will be about 5 stories shorter than the other 2. Still, it is an amazing video and everyone should check it out. The video tour on the site states that the project will stand at 440 feet. If this is accurate Orlando will have look somewhere else for a new tallest. This project looks so sweet I wish it broke ground yesterday.

JRS1, You are not allowed to miss that the lunch, b/c I am also a freak who finds this stuff interesting.

This is maddening. What is it about 441' ? I'm beginning to think there is something to the rumor of the gentlemen's agreement with Suntrust. Or why else would the same height cap exist so far from any of the airports ?

Maybe they are just keeping something symbolic with HWY 441. I will consult the bones.

There is definitely something mysterious here as this is my 441st post.

Edited by bulldogger

This is maddening. What is it about 441' ? I'm beginning to think there is something to the rumor of the gentlemen's agreement with Suntrust. Or why else would the same height cap exist so far from any of the airports ?

I'm telling you guys, he was very specific about that "agreement" as ridiculous as it sounds. He said no new project built or proposed by 2006 fell into this category. It seems crazy, but he was very adamant about it. But he only mentioned DT ORL.

I heard that this was under construction already.

Gibby-are you speaking about the BLUE ROSE? I remember that post your quoting - are they not talking about the WalMart on Turkey Lake? The Blue Rose has not started building, but the WalMart has. I was wondering why demon made that quote anyway. The date he wrote that the WalMart on Turkey Lake was already started, so unless ppl can stop a WalMart from building after they've already started, I wasn't sure what he was getting at.

Gibby-are you speaking about the BLUE ROSE? I remember that post your quoting - are they not talking about the WalMart on Turkey Lake? The Blue Rose has not started building, but the WalMart has. I was wondering why demon made that quote anyway. The date he wrote that the WalMart on Turkey Lake was already started, so unless ppl can stop a WalMart from building after they've already started, I wasn't sure what he was getting at.

It was the Wal-Mart. Somehow, the site plan did not get included on my quote.

An article on the Landmark Sun Resort & Spa where the old Hyatt used to be off 192 and Legacy Resort. Not much new here but.....

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...D=2006607200339

impressive article--- looks to be like Blue Rose but with a northern flair, ala, the metal and glass exterior mentioned earlier. I like the concept of 30-35 story towers. I like it alot.

wow... I really like the design. But the fac that they will be condotels makes me think this will never see the light of day.

I just stayed in a converted condotel in Miami this weekend. The first time at this hotel 2 years ago, we could get a top floor room. It has since been converted into a condotel and most of the units actually have permanant residents. This time around, the best room was all the way down on the 6th floor.

Just as the Lexington is being converted into a condotel on Colonial, I wouldn't be surprised if many of these condotels have permanent residents. The Landmark may sell a lot of units to tourists that are staying at some of the high end hotels around Disney and decide to buy into a condotel such as this. Those buildings look great and will help put Orlando architecture on the map.