Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

According to this from WCTV, Orlando gets 1/3 of North American theme park attendance.

*sticks tongue out at Sandusky*

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Orlando-leads-golden-age-of-new-theme-park-rides-483336401.html

Sandusky's got the coasters, but so could Orlando, in a steadily transforming Sea World...

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 2:06 PM, jrs2 said:

I wonder if Hyatt owned that land before purchasing Peabody, and now they simply hold it and keep a competitor from developing there.

It appears this is right.  The vacant land hasn't sold since 2001, whereas the Peabody sold in 2013/2014.  (Also, if someone wants to waste time trying to figure out what in the hell the purpose of all these minor transactions dividing up equity are, be my guest... http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx/PID/282401716001001 ).

However, the vacant land is bringing in 500k in tax dollars a year, so that's nice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

It appears this is right.  The vacant land hasn't sold since 2001, whereas the Peabody sold in 2013/2014.  (Also, if someone wants to waste time trying to figure out what in the hell the purpose of all these minor transactions dividing up equity are, be my guest... http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx/PID/282401716001001 ).

However, the vacant land is bringing in 500k in tax dollars a year, so that's nice.

OMG.  $500k.  wow.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 11:55 AM, codypet said:

Wow there's some interesting landowners in that screenshot.  Ripley's?  Dave and Busters?   That's not who I expected to own that property.

Ripleys  I believe was at the beginning of the year, rumor has it they're planning to build all of their attractions in Orlando to have a single location to showcase them to potential franchisees. Of course, many of their attractions are very similar to whats in I-Drive 360 and right across the street (aquarium, wax museum, mini golf, haunted houses, etc), so it might be some tough competition. Universal may be interested in their land too, since its adjacent to their new acquisitions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

The article suggested it could go either way -  is Bourne now confirmed? If so, that means if it happens, we're probably getting a full-on land. This Trekkie would be oh so happy if it does.

OMG.  I will have the biggest Trek-gasm if Uni gets the rights to that IP.  This would be HUGE; the anti-star wars.  Beam me up, Scotty...

23 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Pics of Disney's new Riviera Resort and Skyliner towers near Caribbean Beach Resort from WDW News Today:

https://wdwnt.com/2018/05/photos-riviera-resort-construction-skyliner-towers-at-caribbean-beach-resort-5-23-2018/

Wow.  Thar Riviera resort is anything but small.  I feel like Tiny Elvis when I say "That thing's huge!"

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Pics of Disney's new Riviera Resort and Skyliner towers near Caribbean Beach Resort from WDW News Today:

https://wdwnt.com/2018/05/photos-riviera-resort-construction-skyliner-towers-at-caribbean-beach-resort-5-23-2018/

I just realized the design orientation of Riviera to Caribbean Beach Resort is very similar to Aventura to Sapphire Falls, in that there is a tower resort adjacent or almost on top of the host resort.

• Like 1

Here's a shot of the JW Marriott construction site at Bonnet Creek.  Actually, the perfect view for this is from the 536 ramp as you leave WDW.  You see everything; it's right there.  The problem is you need a passenger to snap the photo as you pass by slowly...

The second shot is from Twitter.  I think that is a shot from 536 looking down upon the construction site.  It is at least a month or more old.  construction is much further along.  I thought I saw at least two floors already done.

The third shot is from Twitter; aerial view.

20180525_210128.jpg

Da2u42NU8AE8L9t.jpg

DW0Ozs3XcAA_pPL.jpg

Edited by jrs2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, I am Reality said:

Any thoughts on Disney fallout from the Roseann fiasco?

Some on Twitter are calling for a boycott (although the clear, right decision was made).

I'll have to Google it b/c I didn't see this story...

On 5/29/2018 at 2:54 PM, I am Reality said:

Any thoughts on Disney fallout from the Roseann fiasco?

Some on Twitter are calling for a boycott (although the clear, right decision was made).

Alright, I Googled it (I've toned down watching the news lately...)

My take:  Nobody cares, I don't think.  Comcast can't bring down The Mouse, surely a revisit of the Rosanne show from 35 years ago being canceled because of comments she made about that lady won't hurt Disney a bit.  Is it censorship?  I don't know if that's even the question to ask here:

The NFL makes players and coaches liable for not representing the "values" (whatever those are) of the NFL and people get fired and fined all the time for stuff they say and do.  Same with MLB and NBA.  I've seen it for years.  I think the networks should do the same thing with their employees (actors).  Maybe they did in this case; I don't know.

Either way, I don't think a kid in Ohio gives a rip when his family is planning to take him or her to see Mickey.