Norfolk Development

vdogg

Yeah I hear ya!  i want something huge too but 20-25 stories is pretty big!

How many stories is the Dominion tower and BOA tower. those seem like nice sizes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

26 and 23 respectively. Dominion weighs in at 340ft while BOA is over 300 though i don't have an exact number on that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

26 and 23 respectively. Dominion weighs in at 340ft while BOA is over 300 though i don't have an exact number on that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is a link to emporis which is a skyscraper catalog. Just enter whatever city you want to view. It will list all of the buildings in different catagories, their heights and number of floors...etc....

I believe bank of america is 340 ft and dominion is 340 ft.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/ci/bu/sk/li/?...bt=2&ht=3&sro=1

Here is a link to emporis which is a skyscraper catalog.  Just enter whatever city you want to view.  It will list all of the buildings in different catagories, their heights and number of floors...etc....

I believe bank of america is 340 ft and dominion is 340 ft.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/ci/bu/sk/li/?...bt=2&ht=3&sro=1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BOA on that site says 304 ft.

Second question about Boush Street: What is going up across from the AT&T and when will it be going up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing... the old historic building that was there was just torn down because it was so heavily damaged and becoming unstructurally safe so they tore it down with little fight from preservationists. Owners of the property has said there are no plans to build anything right now. They decided that they would wait for a few years on what should be built there. They don't want to oversaturate the market with either resident units or office space so they are leaving it up to what has already been announced/constructed. Whatever has more demand in the coming years after everything is done, something may be built there, office tower or residential. For now, just expect it to be the spiritual replacement for the parking lot that Granby Tower will be built on.

The site also list 2 approved buildings (which means not already under construction so i'm assuming this is Granby and the Hilton), and 2 proposed. What are the proposed ones? Is this possibly referring to the fed court building and norfolks courts complex?

The site also list 2 approved buildings (which means not already under construction so i'm assuming this is Granby and the Hilton), and 2 proposed. What are the proposed ones? Is this possibly referring to the fed court building and norfolks courts complex?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey vdogg have you heard anything on that proposed 6 or 7 story housing development on York St. Hey do you remember when it was just you and me talking back and forth and now there is all these people here.

What are the proposed ones?

The proposed ones are/were Granby 1 & 2.

The two they list as approved are the Trader Tower & Harbor Heights, which is supposed to be Harbor's Edge. When you click on the picture it's the rendering of Harbor's Edge.

Keep in mind that Emporis is not a very accurate site.

The proposed ones are/were Granby 1 & 2.

The two they list as approved are the Trader Tower & Harbor Heights, which is supposed to be Harbor's Edge. When you click on the picture it's the rendering of Harbor's Edge.

Keep in mind that Emporis is not a very accurate site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea, I sent in a email to emporis explaining that harbors edge is seperate from harbor heights and that the granby towers is only one building. haven't heard back yet.

You probably won't hear back from them. I sent them information three times a long time ago to add to their website about Norfolk. They have yet to respond or add it to the norfolk page.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anyone seen the sign near the Granby st. bridge with a rendering of some proposed housing units? It seems that there will be a development project at the foot of the bridge and the buildings looked to be around 4 stories high which almost mirrors the development on Monticello st. across from the HRT offices.

This new development is across the street from the old dinky motor lodge which Peter Decker wants to develop some condominiums! This is in the Riverview area and will probably cause even more developers to take notice of this area since it is a gateway leading into downtown Norfolk!

Finally, I am sure that there are tons of things going on downtown that city officials are tight lipped about otherwise there would not have been any mention of "significantly taller" projects coming down the pike! What about the Florida developer who has plans to build condos here? Also, the rumor of a 40 story tower, where did that rumor orginate? The city would not be buying all of this land if it wasn't for a reason! Vdogg, my friend, time for you to get in good with ole Buddy Gaddams and find out what he has cooking in his stew! He probably has big plans for downtown Norfolk and he surely would be an insider on current or planned projects. Now that you have your mission....carry on sir!

I hope they have alot more on the books for the city. I am so excited with all the development in the city. It feels so good to go downtown and just sit there and look at downtown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll be there tonight after opening night at Harbor Park.

Thats funny dude. Have you heard anything new vdogg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We do seem to be running our own little intelligence operation over here :lol: . Unfortunately i have nothing new to report as far as Norfolk is concerned. The people from Westin have emailed me every day this week, the sales process has begun for those condos so i don't know how accurate the info was that someone else mentioned about the Westin being sold out. The interest list may have been filled out but no sales have actually been made because until now they weren't legally allowed to do so.

We do seem to be running our own little intelligence operation over here :lol: . Unfortunately i have nothing new to report as far as Norfolk is concerned. The people from Westin have emailed me every day this week, the sales process has begun for those condos so i don't know how accurate the info was that someone else mentioned about the Westin being sold out. The interest list may have been filled out but no sales have actually been made because until now they weren't legally allowed to do so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It just seems so long for them to start on things. I guess i'm getting really impatient.

I asked my friend if Harbor Heights had been increased from 15 to 17 floors because it was never confirmed by any media reports, and if Norfolk was planning a high-rise courts complex and/or high-rise city hall.

"1.) Harbor Heights did add two floors of

condos due to the incredible reception they received on the sales front

and I recall they also added a floor of parking. They hope to do test

piling next week. 2.) We are in the planning stage for a new courts

building. The preferred location is on the St. Paul's frontage adjacent

to the Public Safety building. The building as far as I know has not

been designed yet; that could be the next phase assuming some funding in

the coming CIP building. (I've heard the number of $85 million kicked

around.) Upon it's completion in 3 - 4 years, we'd then be able to look

at the site where the Circuit Court Building is located for a new

building. Some would even put the City Hall Building "in play" as a

forty + year old building by that time... Interesting times!"

I asked my friend if Harbor Heights had been increased from 15 to 17 floors because it was never confirmed by any media reports, and if Norfolk was planning a high-rise courts complex and/or high-rise city hall.

"1.) Harbor Heights did add two floors of

condos due to the incredible reception they received on the sales front

and I recall they also added a floor of parking. They hope to do test

piling next week. 2.) We are in the planning stage for a new courts

building. The preferred location is on the St. Paul's frontage adjacent

to the Public Safety building. The building as far as I know has not

been designed yet; that could be the next phase assuming some funding in

the coming CIP building. (I've heard the number of $85 million kicked

around.) Upon it's completion in 3 - 4 years, we'd then be able to look

at the site where the Circuit Court Building is located for a new

building. Some would even put the City Hall Building "in play" as a

forty + year old building by that time... Interesting times!"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a great source you've stumbled upon Okinawa, keep it coming. Maybe we should all get together and start our own development news service. :lol: I do have one question however. If they added a floor of parking as well wouldn't this building be 18 stories instead of 17?

This is a great source you've stumbled upon Okinawa, keep it coming. Maybe we should all get together and start our own development news service. :lol:  I do have one question however. If they added a floor of parking as well wouldn't this building be 18 stories instead of 17?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was wondering the EXACT same thing!! haha. The way I read it, yes I would think 18, but at least this building is going to be 17 floors. It has a good chance of standing out and becoming a part of the skyline.

Archived