The Village at Sandhill

StevenRocks

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Journey's is pretty nice. They have a lot of the Ol Skool shoes. I like that they have a variety of Nike Dunks.
They have a lot of Dunks in right now. Nike is sending them some really cool stuff.

I can only assume that the Sandhill store will have a good selection of then when it opens.

While it might have already been metioned :blush: , it would be great to see a J Crew at the Village or some where in :thumbsup: Columbia. I remember there was one in Columbia <_< Mall when I was younger, but it closed down. Charleston and Greenville both have one. Its time for J Crew to make its way back into Columbia :yahoo:

While it might have already been metioned :blush: , it would be great to see a J Crew at the Village or some where in :thumbsup: Columbia. I remember there was one in Columbia <_< Mall when I was younger, but it closed down. Charleston and Greenville both have one. Its time for J Crew to make its way back into Columbia :yahoo:

That mustve been a while back, i dont remember it in Columbia Place.....when did it close?

Yeah it was a good while ago, maybe about 10-12 :whistling: years ago. It was in the place where that womens store is next to Lids...I think ;) RAVE or something. When I think about it, it seemed as though Columbia was heading in the right direction, but things just didn't pan out well. Maybe they will get it right this time! :blush:

New Stores Announcement:

T.J. Maxx, Old Navy

T.J. Maxx is closing their location at Decker Blvd., but Old Navy is still still keeping their store at Columbia Place.

Both stores will be located by The Home Depot.

Whatever happened to the village being somewhat 'upscale'?? lol

There are plenty of upscale stores in Columbia, they just might not be national chains. For men's clothes there is Savoy, Weathers, Granger-Owings and Louries. For women, Coplon's is pretty upscale and some of the stores on Devine Street. Just because something doesn't have stores all over doesn't mean they aren't worth going to.

There are plenty of upscale stores in Columbia, they just might not be national chains. For men's clothes there is Savoy, Weathers, Granger-Owings and Louries. For women, Coplon's is pretty upscale and some of the stores on Devine Street. Just because something doesn't have stores all over doesn't mean they aren't worth going to.

True. Cobalt catered to the upscale clientele with their selection of Seven and Evisu jeans among other high end clothing. However, they have since closed. I personally think it may have been the location that caused the store to close. Others may think that Columbia isn't ready for upscale stores which may be true b/c you do need ENOUGH people who are willing to buy from these stores in order for them to exist. Columbia needs to first prove its ready for these types of stores in order for them to come.

But like you said Louries and Granger-Owens among others do sell high end clothing. I've seen Gucci in Lourie's but the store seems empty most of the time. So the question is: Is Columbia ready for the upscale market?

I think Cobalt chose the wrong location, I always thought they were like most of the other lowcost stores on Main Street until I heard a little about them just before they closed. If they had done a better job marketing I may have given them some business. IMO Cobalt would have done very well a few blocks away in the Vista or in Five Points. Main Street is the market for wealthy businessmen and people that shop on the bus route. Those other areas of downtown would have been better for the designer jeans market.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally got a chance to check out the village of sandhills and I must say that things have surely came a long way. I was surprised at all the stores they have and how much land is out there fordevelopment. It's no doubt that the sandhills will be double the size of Harbinson. The only bad thing it takes forever to get out there..The north east side of columbia is starting to be it's on little city

Archived