Lil' Rhody Lounge | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at building heights, and I jsut came across this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/400_North_Lake_Shore_Drive

going to be over 2,000 feet.

If you wanna see something fun, check out this render on Emporis. Scroll up and down while staring at the image, and you get a weird optical illusion: it looks like the building is rotating. :lol:

some time ago there was a thread about cruise ships in newport (i couldn't find the thread) and i mentioned that i wouldn't want them stopping in RI because they bring pukey flu.

It Strikes Again!

It won't matter if they stop in RI or not. This flu spreads on the cruise ships, and espically on airplanes after the cruisegoers fly back home. This flu has about an 80% communicable rate. I work down at the Naval Clinic in Newport, and after walking though Family Practice two years ago during an outbreak, I caught it and was knocked out of action for 3 days. It hits you hard and fast!

i do not approve of the patriots' new playing field surface.

you think with the field, they would paint the lines better, my friend has season tickets section 102, and every game i go to I wonder how a pro team can't have hte lines painted on good, and kept up, and even with the artificial surface, the field still looks blah.. Overall though its going to save them so much money, because before this already 3 times this year they had to regrass the field.

you think with the field, they would paint the lines better, my friend has season tickets section 102, and every game i go to I wonder how a pro team can't have hte lines painted on good, and kept up, and even with the artificial surface, the field still looks blah.. Overall though its going to save them so much money, because before this already 3 times this year they had to regrass the field.

at $80+ a ticket, they should have plenty of money to re-grass the field.

at $80+ a ticket, they should have plenty of money to re-grass the field.

and the outrageous price of food. We work a concession stand, and you make 12% of all sales except beer, and thats all they pay, and they charge 7.5 a beer, 4.25 a hotdog, 8.00 a pizza, 4.00 a water, 5.5 a soda.. It is ridiuclous the money he makes.

The commuter rail leaves out of the amrtak station, correct? The girlfriend just got a place in Boston and there's no way I'm driving up to the North End again. (the nightmare that was moving her in is a story for another day)

If I read the site correctly, I can take the commuter rail right to Back Bay, and then grab the Orange to Haymarket. Has anyone had any experience commuting to Boston on the T? Are the trains on time? Is there parking at the train station or should I just take RIPTA in?

The commuter rail leaves out of the amrtak station, correct? The girlfriend just got a place in Boston and there's no way I'm driving up to the North End again. (the nightmare that was moving her in is a story for another day)

If I read the site correctly, I can take the commuter rail right to Back Bay, and then grab the Orange to Haymarket. Has anyone had any experience commuting to Boston on the T? Are the trains on time? Is there parking at the train station or should I just take RIPTA in?

yes, it leaves from the amtrak station, you have to buy your tickets at the coffee shop or pay a surcharge for buying them on the train.

parking, from what i've heard, is tight there and fills up fast. so it might be safer to take ripta in, or the first couple times you go, leave very early so you can try to find a spot before your train gets there and if worse comes to worse, drive home and take ripta (unless there's another 24 hour garage somewhere). the worst that could happen is you park and wander around the city for a bit while waiting.

i've taken the commuter line from 128 to back bay. it was pretty fully on both the way there and the way back (your way there should be fine leaving from providence, but you may not get a seat on your way home, unless you're just doing weekends). there's other comments all over the providence board about commuting to boston. my fiancee did it and it's not bad as long as you don't have to change subway lines, otherwise it could take quite a bit of time. just going to visit shouldn't be bad though.

my fiancee's friend came down and spent the night at my apartment last night on her way home to VA. we went to trinity and then walked down fountain, stopped by the biltmore for starbucks (and so she could see where we're having the wedding) and then over to the skating rink and burnside park and then back down washington to my car on empire (where i found a spot after circling only once and there was some event going on). it was a little chilly, but it was nice out. she was impressed and liked providence. i know she wants to move to the northeast eventually, but it would depend on where her husband finds a job he likes (he's an engineer). it'd be great if they moved to this area, and i think it put RI on her radar (and he wants to live in a city, although i don't think RI has the types of engineering jobs he would want).

The trains are usually on time, yes. The garage fills up really fast so I usually end up parking at Citizen's or in the mall.

If you wanna see something fun, check out this render on Emporis. Scroll up and down while staring at the image, and you get a weird optical illusion: it looks like the building is rotating. :lol:

My first thought on this building was "It looks like a big drill bit"... then you told us this and well... it is a Drill Bit!! Bob Villa must love it. :blink:

My first thought on this building was "It looks like a big drill bit"... then you told us this and well... it is a Drill Bit!! Bob Villa must love it. :blink:

I think the other renders are so much nicer, when I see that one I have the building, but the other ones I actually enjoy it.

Apparently the new 2005 Census Estimates have moved us into the Boston CSA, which now stretches from Manchester, NH to Westerly, RI and Worcester to the Cape Cod Canal.

Boston moves up to the 5th largest CSA with 7.5million people. Providence is still the center of it's own MSA which inculdes all of RI and Bristol County, Massachusetts.

CSA

Greater Boston

The lights on the Hospital Trust Tower and the Superman Building will all be red tonight in recognition of World AIDS Day. And the lights will stay on until Midnight.

Anyone get a picture, I wanted to see it?

ps. I think I saw apicture online of the statehouse in pink for breast cancer awareness, do you guys have a link?

Edited by dgreco