COMPLETE: Hilton Downtown Providence

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how credible the rumors are... <_< Hilton has higher end flags in their portfolio.

The Holiday Inn franchise deal was up. You would think the quality and amenities are up to par, the owners probably just haven't signed the Hilton franchise agreement or had their inspection yet (since construction is still underway).

Or maybe this will end up the Sheraton Providence Downtown. :dontknow:

• 3 weeks later...

TPG had a small model of the Power Block at the Downcity Design Review Committee meeting last night. In addition to the E@B, there was a model of the Hilton addition. Doesn't mean it's actually ever going to get built, but I find it interesting that they keep allowing it to be seen in public presentations.

TPG had a small model of the Power Block at the Downcity Design Review Committee meeting last night. In addition to the E@B, there was a model of the Hilton addition. Doesn't mean it's actually ever going to get built, but I find it interesting that they keep allowing it to be seen in public presentations.

Here's that blue light on top of the "Hilton."

303089451_67aaaa9a9b_o.jpg

I don't know what to think of it. I think I hope they aren't thinking of lining the whole roofline with blue neon, I rather don't like that and think the building is not of a suitable style for such a thing. I'm hoping this is just a piece of a future sign.

Here's that blue light on top of the "Hilton."

303089451_67aaaa9a9b_o.jpg

I don't know what to think of it. I think I hope they aren't thinking of lining the whole roofline with blue neon, I rather don't like that and think the building is not of a suitable style for such a thing. I'm hoping this is just a piece of a future sign.

If theres one building thats lit poorly, its the Hospital Trust tower. Coming into the city at 1am, it doesnt even look like the building exists, when when it is lit up, its that one bar of light around it. Its such a plain building, i cant even think of a modern lighting scheme that would look nice on it

If theres one building thats lit poorly, its the Hospital Trust tower. Coming into the city at 1am, it doesnt even look like the building exists, when when it is lit up, its that one bar of light around it. Its such a plain building, i cant even think of a modern lighting scheme that would look nice on it

There's not a whole lot that could be done with the Hospital Trust Tower as far as lighting. They could replace the colored lights with white lights and use gels to introduce more colors to the pallette. Judging by the ways I've seen it lit, it's being lit by red, white, and green lights, not gels that are switched out. Hosptial Trust could never have anything like the Empire State, now the Superman Building... that could totally have a multi-color Empire State Building like lighting scheme.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived