COMPLETE: Hilton Downtown Providence

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the RIEDC website it says:

"future construction of a 27 story condo tower containing 148 unites."

the reason I post this is now that the Hilton redo is about done, perhaps we'll see a decision on this soon. I have a good feeling that Providence needs to absorb all the new hotel rooms and condos before much more is built.

If we could only land a big corportate tenant.

BCBS or a new Citizens tower (I've given up on CVS - they seem happy in Montreal south) are the only logical hopes we have right now besides an out-of state company coming here.

When I walked by the Hilton on my way to the PC Basketball game on Saturday, I took a look at the interiors - Shulas had all of the TVs in the bar showing football - It wasn't open, but it was good advertising. It looked pretty nice in there. I'd like to go to the pre-opening, a friend of mine told me she got a job bartending there.

I'm looking to stop by for a work-related visit soon, since we're making some changes in the pool area - if I go I will definitely take a camera.

The uplighting was on last night, it adds a little something to the building. Creates some more depth on an otherwise flat elevation. While they could have done more with the facade to create a little interest, I think the biggest improvement with the exterior building is the interaction with the street level. It feels like a new place when you walk by heading towards the Civic Center.

Yes, I noticed it this morning too. They were also drilling something into the LaSalle Square facade, more lighting I hope. There's two more ledges up the front facade that would look good with the same treatment.

Archived