COMPLETE: Hilton Downtown Providence

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, why do you say this will be a good place to watch Jets games, will they have an NFL package so that they can show all of the games? Regardless, let's just agree to hope that nothing inside the place resembles anything orange and teal, and it should be a nice spot.

Yes, from what I understand, the entire cube will be wrapped. It will advertise special events. Such as if there is a convention group staying at the Hilton it might say, "Welcome New England Association of Widget Producers" or if there is a small convention at the Hilton it may advertise, "New England Comic Book Convention May 16th..."

I went to Starbucks this morning and Shula's for dinner.

Starbucks was a Starbucks, you seen one you seen them all.

Shula's was pretty good I had grilled salmon, my boyfriend had a steak. Both were good. I started with a soup which I really like but can't remember what they said it was. For dessert we had cheesecake and a hot fudge brownie, yum!

It was really cold, they were having problems with the heat. They moved us into the private dining room because it was really crazy cold in the main dining room (oddly in the bar, which is in the glass cube, it was really warm). Everyone was very friendly, there were a few pre-open glitches, it took us a while to get our food for example. But I'll certainly go back.

They are officially opening tomorrow for breakfast and will be open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and, dinner. Breakfast will be buffet only until the 27th, then they will introduce an a la carte breakfast menu in addition to the buffet.

Their Grand Opening is on the 27th, which will be a private party with the Shula family.

They have a national satellite sports package with 3 satellites and the ability to play up to 9 different games at once (3 in the bar). They have all the regional sports networks such as NESN and Yes from New York. So they will be playing a wide array of games and should be able to tune in odd requests.

The Hilton is supposed to be official as of the 29th pending a final inspection by the Hilton. There's a few finishing touches that are still needed in the hotel, fixtures and such, and one big thing, the pool is not quite ready.

I took some video of the LED sign lit and will post it in a minute.

Archived