COMPLETE: Hilton Downtown Providence

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In response to the confusion about the ADA accessible entrance to Starbucks, I currently work for the company at that location and I do have to say that there is an entrance located on the side of the building on Aborn Street. There is an interior ramp that goes right into Starbucks.. construction crews have been feverishly working to finish any last details of that ramp, but it is open for the public to use. The hotel locks it at night when the Starbucks closes... usually around 10pm...

As for Shula's, the main entrance is through the front of the hotel as well as accessing the sidewalk the hugs the side of the building. The side entrance above Starbucks goes directly into the bar.

They are making great progress with the building. In the little more than a month that I have been there, another room or another element opens. They are currently fixating upon the basement pool and fitness room as well as improving the housekeeping section in the basement.

With all the construction happening in the immediate vicinity, this is only a preview of what's to come.

In response to the confusion about the ADA accessible entrance to Starbucks, I currently work for the company at that location and I do have to say that there is an entrance located on the side of the building on Aborn Street. There is an interior ramp that goes right into Starbucks.. construction crews have been feverishly working to finish any last details of that ramp, but it is open for the public to use. The hotel locks it at night when the Starbucks closes... usually around 10pm...

As for Shula's, the main entrance is through the front of the hotel as well as accessing the sidewalk the hugs the side of the building. The side entrance above Starbucks goes directly into the bar.

They are making great progress with the building. In the little more than a month that I have been there, another room or another element opens. They are currently fixating upon the basement pool and fitness room as well as improving the housekeeping section in the basement.

With all the construction happening in the immediate vicinity, this is only a preview of what's to come.

While I'm happy to hear that there is indeed ground level access to Starbucks for people in wheelchairs I still think it is inexcusable that new construction should not allow a person in a wheelchair to wheel right into the front door just like everyone else. Why was it designed so that wheelchairs have to go down an alley to get into the building? And I have not noticed any signage on the front door of Starbucks indicating how a wheelchair bound customer can enter the building. Is it not open to wheelchair customers yet?

Signage......finally something besides the ugly fluorescent scribble on the side of the Convention Center parking garage to let people know something is here...This, along with the Gtech signage, gives me hope for a flashy lively district ripe with life and excitement. Now all we need is one of those big flashy changing billboards on top of the Civic Center and Court House...... :thumbsup:

Archived