MIAMI | Downtown, Brickell, Omni, Edgewater

bobliocatt

Not great news on Museum Park, as bond allocations for the museums are second priority.

www.miamitodaynews.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/news/050512/story2.shtml

This should be an interesting county commission hearing. I hope to either attend or catch it on TV. The museum people should plead their case a bit.. If not, there's always round two. They should at least start the terraforming and the landscaping, in preparation for the relocation.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Property Report: If Whole Foods Market is part of retail/condo complex, new apartments sell briskly

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

By Ryan Chittum, The Wall Street Journal

The sheer size and glamour of the 74-story Met 3 condo tower in Miami should be enough to bring in buyers. But with more than 50,000 condos in development in the city right now, what really sets Met 3 apart is the Whole Foods Market that fills its ground floor.

The hip purveyor of organic produce and fancy cheeses has joined the gym and the concierge as a must-have amenity in luxury-condo towers that are sprouting up in cities across the country.

With the resurgence of urban living, Whole Foods Market Inc. has found a sweet spot serving the sophisticated tastes of these new city dwellers. The fast-growing chain, based in Austin, Texas, not only alleviates the dearth of supermarkets in many downtowns but does so with style.

Ron Shuffield, president of Esslinger-Wooten-Maxwell Realtors Inc., the Miami-based company selling units in the three-building complex that includes the Met 3, says the developers sought out Whole Foods. "This is a huge draw for people to buy in these buildings," he says. "We hear it every day from our buyers." About a third of the pricey condos in the 650-unit building are already sold -- three years before the building is scheduled for completion...

Full Article:Post Gazzette

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Highly encouraging.

Hey quick Q on this one....where on TV do you watch it? Is it advertised somewhere?

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/news/050512/story2.shtml

This should be an interesting county commission hearing. I hope to either attend or catch it on TV. The museum people should plead their case a bit.. If not, there's always round two. They should at least start the terraforming and the landscaping, in preparation for the relocation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Miami project aimed at downtown workers

A development firm comprising three South Florida companies has announced plans to build desperately needed work-force housing in Miami's downtown civic center/medical center hub.

In March, North Miami-based Wagner Square LLC purchased four acres of vacant land from the city of Miami on which it plans to build Wagner Square, a mixed-use project with 198 condominiums and 150,000 square feet of retail and office space.

Wagner Square will rise at 1700 NW 14th Ave. in Miami, directly behind the VA Hospital and close to Jackson Memorial Hospital. It will offer employees of the hospitals, as well as local police officers, firefighters, nurses, teachers and other government employees, an opportunity to purchase homes in the downtown area close to their places of work.

Full Article

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project Name: Wagner Square

Project Address 1700 NW 14th Avenue

Project Description: (2) 14 story towers with 198 units and 150,000sf of retail

Unit Descriptions & Prices: 1,2 & 3 bedrooms, ranging from 699 to 1,376sf with washers, dryers and private balconies, priced between $135,550 to $296,100.

Community Amenities: Rooftop terrace, fitness center and community room.

It's more difficult and expensive because our water table is so high... It doesn't take much digging before you reach water.

Some of Miami's skyscrapers have basement levels, and there are even some older houses in some historic neighborhoods that have them.

Tunnel boring technology allows subway construction in Miami now, and it has been considered for some of our future Metrorail lines through downtown Miami. That's a long ways away.

Although rare, there are a couple parking garages underground, and there's even one under construction. Cocowalk and Shops at Mayfair in Coconut Grove have underground parking. Downtown Dadeland in Kendall is currently under construction and will have 2 levels of underground parking. But most of them are above ground -- it's a lot cheaper.

--

Welcome to the forum, btw... where are ya from?

It's more difficult and expensive because our water table is so high... It doesn't take much digging before you reach water.

Some of Miami's skyscrapers have basement levels, and there are even some older houses in some historic neighborhoods that have them.

Tunnel boring technology allows subway construction in Miami now, and it has been considered for some of our future Metrorail lines through downtown Miami. That's a long ways away.

Although rare, there are a couple parking garages underground, and there's even one under construction. Cocowalk and Shops at Mayfair in Coconut Grove have underground parking. Downtown Dadeland in Kendall is currently under construction and will have 2 levels of underground parking. But most of them are above ground -- it's a lot cheaper.

--

Welcome to the forum, btw... where are ya from?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm from pembroke pines, lookin forward to moving downtown though

As land becomes rarer, underground parking is becoming more viable. In addition to Downtown Dadeland, I read that the Fairfield project will have a level of underground parking. There's 3 projects in the Grove that I'm aware of that have underground parking. I wish more of those downtown projects could go downwards as well, but utilities may play a role in that.

Good for you... Are you coming to Miami or Fort Lauderdale? Traffic on Pines Blvd is terrible... I was just out there a few days ago... I'm sure I-75 isn't that great during rush hour either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Miami. yea, i hate Pines Blvd. I remember a day when it took me thirty minutes to travel three miles.

As land becomes rarer, underground parking is becoming more viable.  In addition to Downtown Dadeland, I read that the Fairfield project will have a level of underground parking.  There's 3 projects in the Grove that I'm aware of that have underground parking.  I wish more of those downtown projects could go downwards as well, but utilities may play a role in that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

which 3 projects are those? i only wish miami would have more underground parking, because those parking garages there aren't very pretty to look at. the metrorail and metromover as well. i have so many ambitions for miami, i've already designed my own extensions of the metro, as well as new high rises.

Retailers expected to open this year at Mary Brickell Village

By Sherri C. Ranta

At least 36 shops and restaurants are signing up for space at Mary Brickell Village, the mixed-use development under way on South Miami Avenue and Coral Way.

Leasing agents say they expect the retail component to be 90% leased when the project opens this fall and to have other merchants coveting remaining space in what will be Brickell's largest retail enclave.

"We'll leave spaces open for lease after the project opens. We'll get higher rents and even higher-profile tenants," said Kerry Newman, senior associate at Konover Stern Group, leasing company for Mary Brickell Village.

Talks are under way to sign Books and Books, one of the largest independent books stores in the country, he said. "We're holding space for them," he said.

Another tenant he would not name is looking at 10,000 square feet, he said.

More: Miami Today

Related Urbanplanet.org topics: [ P&C: Mary Brickell Village | P&C: Beacon at Mary Brickell Village ]

Developer secures $80 million construction loan

By Armie Margaret Lee

Ten Museum Park, a 50-story mixed-use development on Biscayne Boulevard in Miami, received a financing boost this week through an $80 million construction loan from Mellon United National Bank.

Developer Gregg Covin said the financing package for the project was sealed Monday after eight months of negotiations.

It was the second time Gregg Covin Real Estate Development received financing from Mellon, said Mr. Covin. The company earlier scored a $10 million loan for the Montclair Lofts project in South Beach.

"We're happy to continue our relationship with Mellon Bank. It ensures the success and completion of Ten Museum Park," Mr. Covin said.

The total project cost for Ten Museum Park, 1040 Biscayne Blvd., is estimated at $110 million.

Related Urbanplanet.org topic: P&C: Ten Museum Park

*drowls*,i was just watching the planning advisory board meeting and whoa platinum on the bay is delicious its mostly glass and reminded me alot of fourseasons because it doesn't have 2 many balconies,i must say perkins+will did a great job designing the project the building wraps around 3 blocks and its now become my second favorite uptown project.it was approved and so was rivertown.

which 3 projects are those? i only wish miami would have more underground parking, because those parking garages there aren't very pretty to look at. the metrorail and metromover as well. i have so many ambitions for miami, i've already designed my own extensions of the metro, as well as new high rises.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Two small projects off of 27th ave and if I'm not mistaken I think the Ritz has some underground parking.

No images, but here's a pretty good description of Rivertown

http://miamirivercommission.org/infill011205.htm

The presented design was for Phases I, II and III of the development site, consisting of one 35 story (342 feet) and two- 34 story (352 feet) residential buildings with 985 units, retail, 40,000 square feet of office space, gazebos, two outdoor restaurants, riverwalk and 1,800 parking spaces (more than required for the 985 residential units) facaded by town homes.

Archived