First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

oof, never thought about that, what if the back of court6 is ugly too?????? that would not be good, and it looks like thats how its shaping up to be, ugly :-(

There is no back of Court6, as it faces Davidson, and has units all the way around. It does look like it will be ugly, but that is because they haven't started yet on the section that fronts Davidson. I think they are possibly building it separately so that they have a strong barrier between the retail, which will front Davidson, and all the residential units in the section that is now framed.

Don't know if anyone caught this, but in the "Who to Watch" column in last week's CBJ, the article mentions that Levine is ready to break ground on the first phases of the First Ward project in January.

Also said he's making the residential 90 units/acre instead of 50, which is good I think. He said the total # of units is undetermined. He also said the office space may be scaled back while the retail may stay as planned. Sounds like everything is undetermined.

Because I was rather bored today at work, I decided to do some digging. Blvd. Centro will have a new website soon, and in the preliminary stages of it they have Quarterside listed as Citisquare (which I prefer a lot better). There is a rendering, but I think it's the same as we have already seen. It also references the release of Citisquare at 1/21/06, so I assume that is when we will see a press release.

Also, they have a link to a "projects" page, which includes a new project called "thetowns". I have no idea what this project is or if it is even in Charlotte, as there is no info provided.

Here is the link to the new version of the website. http://www.blvdcentro.com/index3.htm

Because I was rather bored today at work, I decided to do some digging. Blvd. Centro will have a new website soon, and in the preliminary stages of it they have Quarterside listed as Citisquare (which I prefer a lot better). There is a rendering, but I think it's the same as we have already seen. It also references the release of Citisquare at 1/21/06, so I assume that is when we will see a press release.

Also, they have a link to a "projects" page, which includes a new project called "thetowns". I have no idea what this project is or if it is even in Charlotte, as there is no info provided.

Here is the link to the new version of the website. http://www.blvdcentro.com/index3.htm

Excellent work. BTW The Towns is a project in Winston-Salem. It's listed on their curremt site.

http://www.blvdcentro.com/wsalem2/towns.htm

Things are a bit quiet so I decided to share the photos from my MStreet visit today. I took some exterior and some interior shots. I also noticed activity on what seems like the Quarterside site. Looks like they are digging up the 1st Ward Park. If the weather cooperates, I'll investigate further tomorrow.

Starting from the rear of the site on E. 7th:

200601017thpanwide12007wh.jpg

Then at E. 7th & N. McDowell (from the Quarterside site):

200601017thandmcdowellpannorma.jpg

On N. McDowell from in front of the IME church (the new E. 8th St. ext. is in the background between the spires):

20060101mcdowell2panwide12006f.jpg

Little further down at 8th & McDowell looking into the E. 8th St. entrance:

200601018thandmcdowellpannorma.jpg

At the rear on M St.:

img29334uk.jpg

Looking toward the Square from M St.:

img29363ce.jpg

Looking up the new E. 8th St. extension from M St.:

img292913jt.jpg

Inside a unit on E. 7th:

img29461fj.jpg

Only one of these signs and no English version. Good thing my son knows Spanish.

img29518tr.jpg

Inside a N. McDowell unit:

img29533fc.jpg

Looking at M St. from a N. McDowell unit:

img29549qs.jpg

Another view from a N. McDowell unit. Nice:

img29643ek.jpg

Thank you for the photos. This project makes such a difference to filling in First Ward, and making an impact from the freeway. A lot of suburban laymen seem to ask about this project, which is always a good sign.

I think the back of some of these units are, again, ugly. Furman is going to need to work to avoid a negative rep on this factor. Some units will only face the back of another unit, and that will not be good for their appreciation, I suspect.

I think the digging is for utility work. It is definitely not for Quaterside/Citysquare, as they haven't even started selling. (I assume it isn't for Renwick, west of Myers, as know where that project is.)

they need to add the brickwork soon, because as of now, this place is looking very blahhhhh

I hope that Furman has the siding painted colors or a color other than a typical neutral as the rendering shows. He has done that with other First Ward projects, even though the renderings just showed the off-white siding.

I especially like the colors on the Cityview Lofts on N. Davidson at 8th. They have olive and this bright yellow. The colors look like something you'd find at REI, I think. :)