First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

I hope you are right. It would be great to see that kind of height at 6th/McDowell/7th/Myers.

I hope that the other Furman highrise, then, could be taller than Courtside, if it is closer to Tryon. That would help build a gradual, stair-stepping of heights on that side of the E-W skyline.

You're killing me Elric. I need details!

The president's term ended and he wasn't reelected to be on the board of directors, pretty much ending his chances at being involved in the First Ward Association. The new board was elected by residents at the meeting and by a proxy vote with the involvement of the existing directors. The ex-president tried to fight back by saying that the bylaws had never been ratified and therefore elections shouldn't be in December (as required by the bylaws). The issue motivating the proxy votes appeared to be the president failing to recognize or request the votes of existing board members before acting on various issues as president.

Edited by ElricSeven

It worked for me. You can still access it from the arena page.

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/arena_construction.html

It looks like there are 2-3 pieces of heavy machinery on the site....it might be for real this time.

That link only showed me a black square before, even with the camera snapshot, but this time the camera snapshot worked.

post-670-1134413151_thumb.jpg

Speaking of First Ward, the president got the boot last night.

I too thank you for responding to the question about the election of the new President and Board of Directors for the First Ward Neighborhood Association. I spoke with a friend of mine who was at the meeting and was able to get better insight into everything that took place. I don't think I will be missing any meetings in the near future and thats the Truth The Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth-LOL

I could use some drama. What happened? Did they see his speech to the city council last week?

With this hectic season and my schedule, I am really out of the loop. What did the Immediate Past President of 1st Ward Neighborhood Association do/say at the city council meeting that you are speaking of. I feel like I have been on another planet and that is the Truth The Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth. Thank you and Happy Holiday to ALL.

With this hectic season and my schedule, I am really out of the loop. What did the Immediate Past President of 1st Ward Neighborhood Association do/say at the city council meeting that you are speaking of. I feel like I have been on another planet and that is the Truth The Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth. Thank you and Happy Holiday to ALL.

Dr. Hoagland spoke during the arts plan presentation at the City Council meeting 11/28 (if I recall). He is against moving the African American Cultural Center from 7th St. in First Ward to S. Tryon across from the new Wachovia tower. He specifically cited the council for a lack of public input to the decision. In calling for a process similar to the West Park public comment process, he said West Park would be the greatest U.S. urban park ever. He had a good point, but I think it was lost in the over-dramatization. Plus the AACC will have a wider audience on S. Tryon.

Dr. Hoagland spoke during the arts plan presentation at the City Council meeting 11/28 (if I recall). He is against moving the African American Cultural Center from 7th St. in First Ward to S. Tryon across from the new Wachovia tower. He specifically cited the council for a lack of public input to the decision. In calling for a process similar to the West Park public comment process, he said West Park would be the greatest U.S. urban park ever. He had a good point, but I think it was lost in the over-dramatization. Plus the AACC will have a wider audience on S. Tryon.

Thank you so very much for your reply. I wonder if citizen speakers comments are listed in the minutes of City Council Meetings on the charmeck website. I was going to check it out in a month or so, but it really doesn't matter at this point what was said, I just did not know if something major had happened that caused something controversial or a scene or some sort and I really appreciate your reply because you answered my question and I am thankful for the time you took to answer my question and the time you have saved me. Happy Holiday.

Wow. That pool deck is going to have a killer view.

It looks like 7 stories for the main building at 7th and McDowell, but with the spire, it could be considered as 11-13 stories. This project exceeded my expectations after seeing the siteplan. It is very modern, but still very "furmanesque", which is a style that people seem to like quite a bit.

Although I like the high rises, these well-designed, dense lowrise/midrise projects really help build up the urban character of the wards. I think that is at least as important as building up the skyline, if not more.

The biggest deal is that this is 202 residential units, and 30,000sf of office and retail. This will really have a major impact on First Ward's population, demographics, and neighborhood area.

73481074_a5191b423f_o.jpg

I wonder if the back of Courtside will become an issue for the buyers in this project. It will take up a large portion of the skyline view from this angle.

The more I look at the design for the Quarterside, the more I like it. Although the courtyard building at 6th/Myers is much like the Village at South End, the large building at 7th/McDowell is very unique. I like that he is evolving his design style. He is building so high a percentage of uptown neighborhoods, that he is continuing to define Charlotte's style, but is avoiding making everything look exactly the same.