First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

Just now, KJHburg said:

This is interesting this silver of land is being marketed and says it can because of soil tests accommodate a 40 PLUS story tower.  I would take a 20 story tower there.  N Tryon and 11st Street inside the loop. 

They should have had @ricky_davis_fan_21 draw up a proposed tower than what they used.    

https://research.catylist.com/api/images/data/og/media/user_uploads/5c90f974a239400001ceb347_North Tryon St 800_Updated.pdf

This was in play for a Japanese "Tiny Room" Hotel brand, 500 units, but it fell through. 

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

This is interesting this silver of land is being marketed and says it can because of soil tests accommodate a 40 PLUS story tower.  I would take a 20 story tower there.  N Tryon and 11st Street inside the loop. 

They should have had @ricky_davis_fan_21 draw up a proposed tower than what they used.    

https://research.catylist.com/api/images/data/og/media/user_uploads/5c90f974a239400001ceb347_North Tryon St 800_Updated.pdf

Legit, @ricky_davis_fan_21 probably has files already rendered from every angle for these developers to use, but the opener on that marketing material is truly bad. 

It will be awesome if it can sell and hopefully get the county to start selling the Hal Marshal in smaller increments.   When the city sold the land by Belk Freeway, sectioning them out in to separate parcels allowed for much more digestible absorption, and a far denser result.  That contrasted with Marshall Park area, which had an awesome plan, but very difficult to capitalize such a huge area under one development group.   Hopefully for both, the county can just market it piece-meal.  

I'm unclear if the Library / Hall House developments will be a single developer, but I would hope that from that process, the county will start to get the right marketing and developer contacts to start on their other property. 

The county is almost as much to blame as Danny Boy for the desolation of First Ward wasteland, but it will start to turn around once Tryon and College themselves are developed.   

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, dubone said:

It will be awesome if it can sell and hopefully get the county to start selling the Hal Marshal in smaller increments.   When the city sold the land by Belk Freeway, sectioning them out in to separate parcels allowed for much more digestible absorption, and a far denser result.  That contrasted with Marshall Park area, which had an awesome plan, but very difficult to capitalize such a huge area under one development group.   Hopefully for both, the county can just market it piece-meal.  

I'm unclear if the Library / Hall House developments will be a single developer, but I would hope that from that process, the county will start to get the right marketing and developer contacts to start on their other property. 

The county is almost as much to blame as Danny Boy for the desolation of First Ward wasteland, but it will start to turn around once Tryon and College themselves are developed.   

The county doesn't plan on even starting receiving RFPs for  Hal Marshall until Brooklyn Village and 6th and Tryon are well under way.

10 minutes ago, sparkytheincredible said:

How unfortunate for the area.  Is the idea to avoid flooding the market, or is needing to find new space for county services the driving factor?

Honestly, I'm sure there's a lot of reasons. County Service relocation, market conditions, and honestly, just bandwidth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I heard through the grapevine that Sports One lease is ending in a month or so and they weren't able to renew because the building was sold and there are plans to have it demolished. This is right across from where the Ellis being built. Has anyone head anything about this property? 521 N College

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DamicoKaren said:

So I heard through the grapevine that Sports One lease is ending in a month or so and they weren't able to renew because the building was sold and there are plans to have it demolished. This is right across from where the Ellis being built. Has anyone head anything about this property? 521 N College

Well there hasn’t been any paperwork yet on a sale. And there would have to be an assemblage for a demo of that building to make any sense. That entire block has 9 different owners so unless there’s some major underground behind the scenes work, id maybe count this as a slow business over anything else ???

the person who owns that building only owns .4 acres on the site. 

Edited by Jayvee
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Well there hasn’t been any paperwork yet on a sale. And there would have to be an assemblage for a demo of that building to make any sense. That entire block has 9 different owners so unless there’s some major underground behind the scenes work, id maybe count this as a slow business over anything else ???

the person who owns that building only owns .4 acres on the site. 

I don't think slow business is the reason. They are doing really well and want to renew but the owner isn't renewing. I guess I'll keep on eye out on this address

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2019 at 7:05 PM, DamicoKaren said:

I hope it just moves to another location. Like ground floor of another development. That’s too much prime space for those small buildings.

4 minutes ago, CLT> said:

A friend told me he saw renderings of Cultural Campus Portion of the North Tryon Site (Library & Spirit Square) and that they were game changers, design wise for Charlotte. Looking forward to some good Architecture coming out of the ground.

I think we're about 2mo away from the Master Developer being named publicly, and they are supposedly hitting the ground running.

Any changes to height?

4 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Any changes to height?

Speaking that nothing has been formally announced... I'd say the massing drawings released in the RFP are a good bit shorter than the build will end up being.

23 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Towers

He said what he saw from those were just what was in the RFP, but stressed that what he had seen was not by the MD, but by the Library/SS/County folks. Also mentioned there had been more interest than expected in the 'creative office' (i.e. smaller floorplates, which I found peculiar) and that parking construction would begin almost immediately.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CLT> said:

He said what he saw from those were just what was in the RFP, but stressed that what he had seen was not by the MD, but by the Library/SS/County folks. Also mentioned there had been more interest than expected in the 'creative office' (i.e. smaller floorplates, which I found peculiar) and that parking construction would begin almost immediately.

I've heard there will be residential above the Library, is that still the case?