Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go that far. lol As much as I hate Kwame's antics, I hate Mr. Wilson's just the same. It's the job of the media to report news, and secondly to act as one of the many parties in keeping leadership accountable. I'm tired of the news that feels that they have to play the "gotcha'" games with politicians. CBS did that, and look where they ended up.

Basically, the scandal dealt with some "developers" who went in and bought up blighted houses, and turned them over for a profit. They didn't fix them up or anything, so the people that live in them live in filthy, and unsanitary conditions...one lady's kid even had murcury poisoning.

The "paper trail" they were talking about that led to City Hall had Henry Hagood's name attached to it, and as some of you may know, he was involved in a property scandal where he basically gave away Detroit real estate for cheap to his friends and family.

Supposedly, this report isn't over and it will continue to have followups in the near future, as the Problem Solvers (or whatever they call themselves) try to help the innocent people of Detroit affected by this.

Edited by Michi