Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

LOL! That was funny Jerald..... That is one of the most architecturaly significant buildings in Detroit. You know the most expensive renovation (to hopefully happen). The most expensive renovation in Detroit history that has taken so long to get the deal done with two firms being involved :sick: . One dropped out.....

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I have to say, this whole discussion is rather amusing.

Wordsmith got confused because Rb said that one of the firms had dropped out (which did happen, long before the current deal was struck). However, Wordsmith's post went way over Wolverine's & Zissou's heads.

The building that was there before was a short, skinny building that bowed out on the front. They were unable to save it because the floor levels between that building and the others on the block were at different levels.

I'll find a photo after I finish this stupid lab report. I looked online for almost 20 minutes, but couldn't find anything. I know I have a photo of it somewhere on one of my computers....

That is really an awesome picture Tapezoid. Here's an old picture showing its location.

FortStreetStation2.jpg

Does anyone know what year the fort street station closed and what year it was demolished? I remember exploring the station when I was in my late teens or early twenties (some thirty years ago). As I recall it wasn't as ornate as the MCS but it was in much better shape. Since it was much closer in town it would have serviced the downtown area much better. It's too bad it was replaced by the nondescript downtown campus of Wayne County Community College.

Edited by Ramcharger