Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that this may look like I am a hypocrite but I have stopped this.....

Exodus, STOP DOUBLE POSTING!!!!! Just because I am saying this to you doesn't mean I don't like you being a part of the forum. Just change some of your ways.

How am I double posting ? I'm going through this very long thread and posting replys to post one at a time that I'm interested in. How would you suggest I do it, go through the whole thread(which is a mile long)and click reply, save, and when I'm done with the whole thread, paste every reply on one page at once ? Or post a reply, exit the thread, wait til whenever :whistling: to get one reply at a time, then post the next reply to the next post and repeat the process ? ;) Edited by Exodus

Now, if I were to reply twice to the same post like this for example, then it would be double posting :D Hence the word double, which means two replys per thread before getting a reply. What I've really been doing is posting one or single replys to one post at a time, just back to to back. But if it would please if I were to do it one of the other ways, then maybe that might be for the best :thumbsup:

Exodus, STOP DOUBLE POSTING!!!!! Just because I am saying this to you doesn't mean I don't like you being a part of the forum. Just change some of your ways.

Hmm, where shall I start on this nonsense?

Rbdetsport, I am the moderator of this forum. If there was problems with double posting that is something for me to deal with. It is something to be dealt with privately, anyway.

I'm sorry everyone, but I always get the same thing. Many people hate me on this forum and I feel like I shouldn't even be here anymore. That is a reason why I haven't been popping up on the forum as much. Because of that. Whenever I post something, I am afraid that I am going to get reemed on, as I am worried about this post. I am sorry everyone that hates me here.

About the Asiantown thing..... It sounds very interesting, but will there eventually be a district or is it just going to be in the parking garage. It would be nice to have a destination for Asian immigrants to flock to like they do for New York and San Fransisco.

About the Asiantown thing..... It sounds very interesting, but will there eventually be a district or is it just going to be in the parking garage. It would be nice to have a destination for Asian immigrants to flock to like they do for New York and San Fransisco.

What's been proposed is nothing more than a (small) group of businesses that'll be branded "Asian Town." It'll be very artificial like New York's K-town in Manhattan, which in reality is just a few Korean restaurants along a city block. Most Koreans apparently actually live in a section of Queens.

I don't expect an ethnic neighborhood to spring up along Detroit river.

I don't expect an ethnic neighborhood to spring up along Detroit river.

Those businesses could be the eastern part and it could extend westward to Lafayette Park. I think it would be cool to have a nice district like that. It would give Detroit all the more reason to cap I375 or raise it into a boulevard with Greektown and Asiantown next to each other. The only thing that would be standing in the way would be the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Complex. I kind of wish that that complex could be demolished and moved to the West Side of Downtown near DTE. Then put alot of infill where the complex "used" to be. If this "new" complex were built it would be nice for them to move all of their suburban workers downtown and maybe get a two tower urban complex. I think we need to let Detroit's City Planner to our ideas. It would do wonders for the city.

Its gonna take years and years and years and years to get a district like you speak of. This parking garage of Asian businesses isnt going to be a huge catalyst for Asians to flock to downtown Detroit. And even if it does have that effect you wont see it for 30 years.

Are you suggesting letting city planners in our your idea bout tearing down a very large Blue Cross tower and complex for urban infill?

Who's to say how long it takes to grow an ethnic district? It depends on many different factors. Who's not to say that a certain area won't become draw to a certain ethnic group? I can't say that at this moment the organic growth of another ethnic enclave looks promising in the city, but when these "towns" do start to grow, they usually boom right away.

"Towns", not parking garages, right? I just dont really see it happening on the scale that rbdsport suggests. Most of these ethnic enclaves around the country are from migration to a certain area. An area where these groups of people can live work and have something in common with their neighbor. I hope that im wrong but I just dont see a few businesses in a parking garage becoming a catalyst to drawing Asian residents and more Asian business to the city.

I don't either, but who's to say that the East Riverfront won't become an Asian village of sorts when the housing starts to go up in the area? The idea of a parking garage being a catalyst does seem laughable, but there are few other structures along the East Riverfront currently to support a village.

True. I just dont think ER is a village type development. With proposals of high and mid rises its kind of hard to create that village type of feeling that would allow this to take root. We shall see though. Im definitely for it, I just hope it developes an authentic feel.

But, the East Riverfront plan has been concieved and planned as MOSTLY low-rise townhomes/lofts structures/buildings, with a FEW high-rise/mid-rise structures. The concept calls for a village/human-scaled neighborhood which is why an Asian village (or any type of village for that matter) actually seems like it could be easily grown in this area.