Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently American Coney Island is open 24 hours too (at least according to their website). For whatever reason I thought they closed at 2:00. That's good to know...maybe we'll try American next time we're down there. Although I have a feeling that if we do, we'll end up back at Lafayette. You've gotta love the mint green walls in there! It would be a tragedy if they redecorated.

Just look for the group of college students eating pie at 2:00am and messing around with cameras. :lol:

I was at that game as well. I thought that was one of the best back and forth hockey games Ive ever seen. Never knew who was gonna win it until Fischer got the goal.

Oh, I wasn't at the game, just at the Coney. lol

A guy and his son were sitting at the table next to me with RW jerseys on, and they told me the game was a really good one...in overtime!

The 1001 Ramp is a honest-to-goodness high-rise building. lol

It still waits to be seen if they actually retrofitted it to expand upwards with office/residential floors. From what I hear, they can add up to 13 stories of office or residential space to the top of the thing.

I wonder what the facade is going to look like? I keep hearing rumors, but no rendering was ever released.

The 1001 ramp looks rather nice, IMO, even if it is a parking skyscraper. The first couple of floors are white, then the top of the garage is the brown color shown in Baldy's photo. The top bays have gently curved arches. There has been a rendering of the garage inside 1001 for months now. I did actually walk in there to look at it one day (finally). Based on what I've seen and heard, they've scrapped the idea of putting residential on top at some point.

I meant to take photos of it on Friday after I went to Cafe Detroit one last time before it closed, but my hour-long visit to the cafe ended up being a 4 hour visit. It is times like this when I swear that Detroit is a small town, not a large city. Almost everyone I knew popped in there at some point during the time I was there. I guess Sunday morning coffee will now have to be at Brown Bean Cafe....

Can someone see if they can get a shot of this looking directly west (southwest, really)? I still can't really get the feel for this thing despite it easily being one of the tallest things going up downtown, right now. I would be surprised to find that it's as tall, if not taller, than One Kennedy Square. lol