Trademark

49er

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The back of Trademark's parking deck, which will presumably be covered by the project that is being planned for the southern half of the block.

201302236_7892179705.jpg

201302096_898a18cb9f_o.jpg

201302065_d6fb337e7c_o.jpg

The amenities deck:

201302026_50500747c1_o.jpg

Looking up through the mature trees on Mint

201301894_70e850d044.jpg

201301763_2140f42f26.jpg

And everyone's favorite facade along Trade Street

201301701_4a9841c058.jpg

201301619_d1e684a91a.jpg

201301568_9526c55911_o.jpg

201301538_4d934e174d.jpg

201301409_acde47defc_o.jpg

Well, Center City Partners revealed for the first time this past week that there is a developer with an active project on that site, which would cover that deck. The developer is endorsing the land swap that will yield a baseballpark and a park closer to Tryon, claiming that the project is contingent on the land swap deal.

CCP doesn't reveal any additional information, but I would not be surprised if it were Furman, who has expressed support for a landswap yielding a baseballpark.

Well, Center City Partners revealed for the first time this past week that there is a developer with an active project on that site, which would cover that deck. The developer is endorsing the land swap that will yield a baseballpark and a park closer to Tryon, claiming that the project is contingent on the land swap deal.

CCP doesn't reveal any additional information, but I would not be surprised if it were Furman, who has expressed support for a landswap yielding a baseballpark.

Then I'm sure this is the reason there wasn't a lot of effort (if any) to making the backside of Trademark look attractive if it was due to be covered up within a couple years. Now I understand and don't mind it as much.

Trademark contracts/condo by laws stipulate potential development of that adjacent site (presumably by Furman) as residents of that potential development will have access to the pool and other amenities on the seventh floor back deck in Trademark.

Then I'm sure this is the reason there wasn't a lot of effort (if any) to making the backside of Trademark look attractive if it was due to be covered up within a couple years. Now I understand and don't mind it as much.

Boulevard Centro still needs to learn how to make a building attractive from all sides. Something may be coming to cover up the backside of Trademark, but we still have to live with the backside of Courtside.

I'm curious to know if there are spoken or unspoken agreements not to block Trademark residents' views of the stadium?

If a development comes to fruition and covers that hideous garage, would the city likely allow another highrise that close to Trademark, that would block the rear views of Trademark residents?

I've always been happy with how buildings Uptown are developed so closely to one another. (Yay density!) For example I still find it remarkable how close Charlotte Plaza was built to the BBT Tower. Both buildings have somewhat blocked views because of each other, and I never heard that this was an issue.

Currently UMUD zoning has no provisions that I know of to protect occupant view corridors or sun light rights. It may become an issue in the future if two residential proposals get built extremely close to one another.

For what it's worth, I believe Furman already owns that vacant parcel adjacent to Trademark and I don't see him blocking the view of Trademark residents because it will lead to lack of confidence in his future projects. My guess is that his project on that block will be no higher than 12 stories...probably less.

Looking good! I honestly wouldn't mind a mural on the parking deck. I think I would prefer a Panthers mural to anything though because they are truely our most well known team and rock, so yeah.

I agree, but will that be "classy" enough for the those living in the penthouses? If they were to though, they better wait out til about half the season is over to see who the new offensive stars are this year. A shrine to Steve Smith might place him on too much of an iconic level, even though we know the truth behind the matter.

Panthers=Steve Smith.

The 2005 Panthers - Steve Smith = The 2001 Panthers

I know, I know, this goes in another thread so I'll shut up now.

I was driving up mint today and noticed an interesting detail on the Trademark building.

Along the back side of the parking deck they've added some brick to the building at ground level.

The brick is a dark charcoal color, not quite black. It actually looks really good.

I know some have expressed blvdcentro improving the back side of their buildings before. I'm not sure how high up the building it's going to go but it's definately an improvement.

Maybe someone can get down there and take some pics.

Along the back side of the parking deck they've added some brick to the building at ground level.

The brick is a dark charcoal color, not quite black. It actually looks really good.

Maybe someone can get down there and take some pics.

here ya go

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Nice Photos, thanks for posting.

This project is now having an impact on the Charlotte skyline. It is quite noticable from the freeways. I was traveling with a party who is not in the know, like us UrbanPlaneteers, and he asked what is that? :lol:

It's always nice to see a new highrise appear in the skyline.

Archived