IN-PROGRESS: "Iway" 195 Relocation/Wash. Bridge

Well, isn't the eastbound side opening up? That would keep the westbound activity down. Esp. since it's still a construction site.

May as well get both sides done at the same time.

Yes, the Eastbound lanes will open up at the end of October. As far as the Westbound lanes are concerned, I think were looking at 2009/2010. I can't wait, as the traffic seems to get worse everyday.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're putting up signs for one side of the highway, you may as well put up signs for the other side at the same time instead of sending people back out there a year or two from now.

OH THE SIGNS!! :lol:

I thought you meant the entire project! :lol:

took some pictures while on the bridge... what a crazy mass of people. we decided, since we weren't sure exactly where to walk to, that we'd walk to the statehouse and take the shuttle. it took us 25 min before we got on a bus as there were about 4 or 5 buses worth of people ahead of us in line.

link to pictures because there's so many of them.

took some pictures while on the bridge... what a crazy mass of people. we decided, since we weren't sure exactly where to walk to, that we'd walk to the statehouse and take the shuttle. it took us 25 min before we got on a bus as there were about 4 or 5 buses worth of people ahead of us in line.

link to pictures because there's so many of them.

Thanks for posting these. I could not make the walk today and I was hoping to see pics on UP. Looks like it was a fun time.

As I was driving across 195E this morning I got a bad feeling about the new bridge entrance to the old highway. The 2/3 lanes coming off the bridge will have to merge with the 4 lane highway, which is dangerous enough, but let's add the fact that cars on 195E will be looking to exit to Gano St. Bad situation. Real bad. Perhaps they should wait untill the 95S portion unto 195E is completed, thereby closing the old 195E, before opening up the bridge. I can see many accidents happening there.

As I was driving across 195E this morning I got a bad feeling about the new bridge entrance to the old highway. The 2/3 lanes coming off the bridge will have to merge with the 4 lane highway, which is dangerous enough, but let's add the fact that cars on 195E will be looking to exit to Gano St. Bad situation. Real bad. Perhaps they should wait untill the 95S portion unto 195E is completed, thereby closing the old 195E, before opening up the bridge. I can see many accidents happening there.

it can't be a whole lot worse than it is already with everyone merging at the same time on that sharp curve.

That does seem like a legitimate concern. However, according to this DOT map, it appears that traffic using I-195E from I-95 South will not be allowed to use Exit 3 Gano Street. See the caption in the top left corner.

NErampopen.jpg

Archived