Studio Park - $140 Million Celebration Cinema/mixed use project

joeDowntown

12 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

Wow, that's glaring. Does anyone have any idea of the square footage? The space seems pretty tight to me. 

My guess would be a smidge over 500sf.   Pretty much all of the units hitting the market over the last few years are tight.  I think they are going for more of a "Euro-chic" living style(not to mention you can squeeze more dollars out of more square feet with tiny ass apartments).  You can basically fit an IKEA love seat and chair in these living rooms, no matter how many bedrooms the common area's are too small.  That is if you like big squishy couches like myself. 

• Like 1

This alley is interesting. Looks like 3 levels of bridges from the ramp to the project (?).  Looking South down through the alley between the West apt building and the ramp. 

177746631_Studioparkalley2.thumb.jpg.92a416910b1890669d437f306acd1d40.jpg

Which corresponds with the other alley looking West, from a few months ago. 

797622991_StudioParkalley.thumb.jpg.2e55c582faeac6dde4b6f2346e0ba5c2.jpg

2050662554_Studioparkapartments26-2019.thumb.jpg.cbdf51a107a8b222d1ae6e151cf09f93.jpg

834137475_StudioParkapartments6-2019.thumb.jpg.b3319cdc514fb0cc971db4e137de231a.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/15/2018 at 6:51 PM, GRDadof3 said:

Surprised no one posted this yet. We know what the base of the hotel is now: 1st floor will be a restaurant, second floor will be "The Listening Room" or small acoustical entertainment venue.

https://localspins.com/grand-rapids-studio-park-reveals-200-seat-listening-room-headed-by-wyces-quinn-mathews/

“The Studio C Listening Room is being created for a listening experience combined with a bar-restaurant feel,” said Mathews, who will step down after two years as station manager for community radio’s WYCE at the end of August to plan, direct and book the new venue.

“We plan to work very closely with local and regional acts and some national acts coming through between Detroit and Chicago. Some national acts may play multiple shows on multiple nights. … I envision local CD-release shows, jazz brunches, comedy showcases and everything in between. … There isn’t anything like this in Grand Rapids.”

Not quite done yet but here is Emilee Petersmark trying out the new listening room:

trying out the listening room

EDIT: actually here's another in some ways better facebook clip where he gets a tour of the listening room (along with the performance):

a look around the listening room 

Edited by walker

On 7/1/2019 at 5:52 PM, GRDadof3 said:

This alley is interesting. Looks like 3 levels of bridges from the ramp to the project (?).  Looking South down through the alley between the West apt building and the ramp. 

177746631_Studioparkalley2.thumb.jpg.92a416910b1890669d437f306acd1d40.jpg

Which corresponds with the other alley looking West, from a few months ago. 

797622991_StudioParkalley.thumb.jpg.2e55c582faeac6dde4b6f2346e0ba5c2.jpg

Reminds me of the multi level walkway from the old parking garage(where the UICA is now) to the City Center/Police Department. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, HavingAhoot said:

I liked these at their rendering stage but that usually come back to bite me.  However,I think this has turned even out better than I expected it to.  Adds a great feeling of density when walking around too.

I'm curious as to what the hotel will come out like.  Rendering did not make it clear what material they were going to use clad the building.  Looks like maybe some EFIS or some kind of metal siding?  

Screen-Shot-2018-06-05-at-9.25.30-AM.png

34 minutes ago, mpchicago said:

I'm curious as to what the hotel will come out like.  Rendering did not make it clear what material they were going to use clad the building.  Looks like maybe some EFIS or some kind of metal siding?  

Screen-Shot-2018-06-05-at-9.25.30-AM.png

I think it’s all going to be brick/masonry. They’ve been working away at bricking the back of it and it is clear they are prepping for masonry on the front. Also there are massive stacks of charcoal colored bricks on the site.