Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Ryan20 said:

Does anyone have the site plan for LIDL? Is that the only building on the property or will there be other retail like the Harris Teeter on South/Poindexter?

It will be Lidl only. A site plan was shared a while back and from standing on South Blvd, you can expect the building on the right side of the lot and the parking lot / driveway to the left going the depth of the property back to Weston Street where there is an alternate driveway. 

Edited by CLT2014

29 minutes ago, Cltbiker said:

I heard that the Hotel off Woodlawn (days Inn) sold back in December, anyone know what is planned?

It was sold in Jan. 2022 for $17.9M over 10 acres.  I would say it would redeveloped at some point in the future.  Owned by an LLC that James Cole of the Providence Group is involved with so I would expect it to be redeveloped maybe mixed use project.  

• Like 1

Recently someone told me that there is some more residential planned on the north side of Woodlawn between the QT and Bojangles.  There was an old restaurant that was demolished a couple months ago and the tire shop lot next to that will be included.  They said their source was a family member that is working on the project, but I wasn't told in what capacity so take it for what it's worth.  Personally, I don't think I would want to live between a busy gas station and a fast food joint but after seeing how much residential is going up in the immediate area this rumor might have some legs.  No other details were given regarding scale or time frame, but I was told it would be condos.  I couldn't hold back my audible chuckle after that last bit. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, go_vertical said:

Recently someone told me that there is some more residential planned on the north side of Woodlawn between the QT and Bojangles.  There was an old restaurant that was demolished a couple months ago and the tire shop lot next to that will be included.  They said their source was a family member that is working on the project, but I wasn't told in what capacity so take it for what it's worth.  Personally, I don't think I would want to live between a busy gas station and a fast food joint but after seeing how much residential is going up in the immediate area this rumor might have some legs.  No other details were given regarding scale or time frame, but I was told it would be condos.  I couldn't hold back my audible chuckle after that last bit. 

The stuff immediately across the street are for sale properties and not rentals…so, possible…

Are you referring to the units that are under construction right up against Woodlawn next to Azteca?  I was a little confused about those because the last time I drove by there it looked like the front doors to those were all glass and I don't think there is anyone out there that would want a glass front door facing that awful stretch of road.  Because of that I was wondering if those might be live/work condo units.  I might have seen that wrong since I was driving and that stretch of Woodlawn is not the place to take your eyes off the road even for a second. 

• Like 2

Carolina Prime was the restaurant that used to be between Bojangles and the tire shop on the north side of Woodlawn right?  If so then that is the lot that I was referring to in my original post.  I just couldn't remember the name of the place when I first mentioned it. 

I think there is a little confusion (especially with SO many projects going on simultaneously).  On the south side of Woodlawn between Azteca and Burger King there are a couple of two story buildings that looks, to me, like they could be first floor office with residential above and enough room for a single row of parking between that and the street.  Again, I could be wrong.  I just don't see a townhome with a glass door facing a busy street and a brightly lit gas station as something that would sell very well which is why I think they might be office condos. 

There is so much going on right here is really is difficult to get all these projects right. 

Edited by go_vertical
Spelling

that whole redevelopment of the Woodlawn Green office park south of Woodlawn has been remarkable.  For sale townhomes as well as apartments.  It makes more people walkable to the Woodlawn LYNX station and this will keep moving further south to Archdale.   This area around Woodlawn and South Blvd needed some revitalization.   That townhome community Southrail station is located south of Woodlawn.  

https://www.accentsouthrail.com/   here is the apartment complex webpage 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 10:53 PM, Bjosephson87 said:

Demo started on the corner lot of South and Hartford next to Lidl (backing up to Weston).

I believe this is going to be apartments from a previous post 
D23029DC-AA44-43F3-AABF-E5DD1C9D1486.thumb.jpeg.2e8babe51e2ef22b56ea051e4be252f5.jpeg

Alton LOSO has opened a construction office in the adjacent shopping center. Assuming that’s what this will be. 

• Like 4

The proposed apartments at the old language academy made a local news story.  And the subsequent NIMBY movement that's started in the neighborhood.  I do know Woodfield has solicited neighborhood feedback via a survey sent out by a neighborhood representative and the company has also had representation at the past few community meetings.  I'd hope we'd at least get some retail/bodega as part of this plan which I have mentioned as they've solicited neighborhood feedback but given Woodfield's portfolio and lack of any retail I'm not holding out much hope.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/local/cms-school-lscaleybark-road-could-replaced-apartments/275-34e9cafd-f03c-44f9-b3c0-c395aa5e944e

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 10:23 AM, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Wow I hadn't seen they demoed that either.  I also didn't know Crosland owned the parcel either but looks like they do.  Of the properties only three are not listed as owned by Crosland or an LLC for the same address with a red X.  And the crudely outlined in green are all their properties.  Some decent opportunities to try and "grid" out a few extra streets that are currently dead ends.

Hopefully with all the area momentum we hear some news on Crosland's properties soon

IIRC this was in play for a Teeter-anchored mixed-use jamboree back in 2006, Crossland was the owner then as well. Obviously the grocery anchor is not happening at this point (although a case could be made for  Wegman's) but this is one of those parcels that has long surprised me with its inaction. Redeveloping this properly, along with some South blvd traffic calming could unlock a pretty nice pedestrian district in the area.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spburn2 said:

These are the notes I had about the tenant lineup at the Platform. I believe I originally got this info from Jason Thomas' Instagram, but apologies if I am miscrediting anyone. 

Parliament Hospitality (group behind Para) is taking two spaces - Pizzeria on the ground floor and a restaurant/private dining venue on the rooftop

Seaboard Brewing - Original location in Matthews. Expected to have full food menu

Change Please - Coffee shop that donates profits to help fight homelessness

Sun's Kitchen - Authentic chinese restaurant with current location in Wesley Heights area

The Halal Guys - American Halal (will be first NC location)

Cookie Plug 

Seaboard will be interesting, their Matthews location has Pizza, and Parliament is doing Pizza.

• Like 2