SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

On 3/30/2024 at 12:13 PM, turbocraig said:

Article in the O with some deets on the new LV at SP.  Says they now carry the full “Louis Vuitton Universe”.  I don’t know if that’s everything or what terminology they use for what, but it looks impressive.  I likely won’t ever see the inside.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article287097650.html

IMG_4529.jpeg

This is very similar to the Louis Vuitton store format at the Simon sister mall, Lenox Square, in Atlanta.  Basically, it's a top tier style LV store which draws a super-regional base of customers.

• Like 4

On 4/1/2024 at 9:35 PM, Temeteron said:

I know this is SP thread but I was at the Plaza Frontenac which is St Louis’ upscale mall and it was nothing compared to South Park.  It’s much smaller and looks so old. They haven’t renovated in years.  There is a Neiman and Saks and some stores such as Gucci and Tiffany.  Not as much variety.  I think Charlotte has become much more of a destination for shopping than some of its similar sized peers.  

IMG_6940.jpeg

IMG_6941.jpeg

IMG_6942.jpeg

IMG_6944.jpeg

IMG_6945.jpeg

IMG_6946.jpeg

IMG_6947.jpeg

IMG_6949.jpeg

IMG_6951.jpeg

Yeah, Charlotte has been rapidly trending ahead of St. Louis, Baltimore, Portland and Cleveland as a super-regional consumer market. Charlotte is basically competing with the tier of markets such as Denver, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Tampa-St. Petersburg, and Orlando which all fill the 13-16 in the top 20 largest consumer markets in the nation. 

It's one of the reasons why Simon is being directed by its corporate leadership to make massive upgrades to SouthPark. It's also why the SouthPark will likely be forced by Simon corporate to become a full 2-level enclosed structure in the main mall area to maintain its super-regional appeal to upscale retailers.

I've worked with Simon Properties and they are very dogmatic about the competitiveness of their super-regional centers like SouthPark.

Edited by kayman
  • Like 4

Had some time to kill and it was raining so off to the mall Southpark as I was in the area.  It is interesting that Dillards and some of the inline higher-end stores don't open till 11 am but I understand.  The Gap is advertising it is closing soon (to make a way I guess for the Zara) Went into the Macys the MINO store Macy's In Name Only store.  Found something downstairs in the Backstage area LOL.  

Several new stores and a couple of storefronts are vacant but maybe they already have leases signed.   Not heard of this Vuori  store but given what it looks like they sell it should do fine there.  Looks like it will be their first store between Palm Beach County FL and Georgetown DC

Vuori Store Locations and Retailers | Vuori (vuoriclothing.com)

20240409_104743.jpg

20240409_104836.jpg

20240409_105011.jpg

20240409_105144.jpg

20240409_105159.jpg

20240409_105221.jpg

20240409_105931.jpg

20240409_105953.jpg

20240409_110011.jpg

20240409_110041.jpg

20240409_110241.jpg

20240409_110352.jpg

20240409_110542.jpg

20240409_111642.jpg

20240409_111748.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Had some time to kill and it was raining so off to the mall Southpark as I was in the area.  It is interesting that Dillards and some of the inline higher-end stores don't open till 11 am but I understand.  The Gap is advertising it is closing soon (to make a way I guess for the Zara) Went into the Macys the MINO store Macy's In Name Only store.  Found something downstairs in the Backstage area LOL.  

Several new stores and a couple of storefronts are vacant but maybe they already have leases signed.   Not heard of this Vuori  store but given what it looks like they sell it should do fine there.  Looks like it will be their first store between Palm Beach County FL and Georgetown DC

Vuori Store Locations and Retailers | Vuori (vuoriclothing.com)

My better half is addicted to Vuori. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Do we actually know that's where Zara is going, or is it just speculation?

Yes in the old Gap space area closest to Belks. Coming in the main entrance of the mall by Cheesecake Factory hang a left towards Belks and it will be on the left on the exterior wall.  That is why they want to do a 2 story store.  And Old Navy is still in the mall by Dillards with a suburban-size store.  I think that store leased there right after the 2009 2010 recession and they probably a good deal at the time.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Yes in the old Gap space area closest to Belks. Coming in the main entrance of the mall by Cheesecake Factory hang a left towards Belks and it will be on the left on the exterior wall.  That is why they want to do a 2 story store.  And Old Navy is still in the mall by Dillards with a suburban-size store.  I think that store leased there right after the 2009 2010 recession and they probably a good deal at the time.  

That Old Navy isn't likely going anywhere.  It's the only one even remotely close to the center of Charlotte since the Cotswold location closed.  It's always busy, it just isn't the clientele that hops over to Neiman Marcus to get $300 jeans to pair with their $8 Old Navy shirt.  

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, davidclt said:

It appears Peloton has left the building. All that was left today was on FedEx box tagged for pickup.

Yep, I was at SouthPark on Friday and Saturday and noticed that then. 

• Like 1

Nordstrom Rack is expanding with 2 new stores in the area with of course their mainline department store at SouthPark.  One is going in the Sycamore Commons shopping center in Matthews and another in Mooresville Crossing shopping center  both in former Bed Bath and Beyond locations.  So now the area will have 3 Nordstrom Rack stores. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Nordstrom Rack is expanding with 2 new stores in the area with of course their mainline department store at SouthPark.  One is going in the Sycamore Commons shopping center in Matthews and another in Mooresville Crossing shopping center  both in former Bed Bath and Beyond locations.  So now the area will have 3 Nordstrom Rack stores. 

Lately the men’s section of the Nordstrom Southpark  has been looking like a Nordstrom Rack.  Their selections are nowhere near as nice as they used to be and sales associates have no clue about fashion.  It’s disappointing to say the least.  

Edited by Temeteron
  • Confused 1

Am I lost, or was BALLY announced as a new tenant? They are no longer on the website as "Coming Soon." Wonder what's up with that. That being said, BALENCIAGA does show up...exciting. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A cursory glance at the mall map on its website shows a massive store shaping up next to Belk and Cheesecake Factory. Clearly this is Z**A. 

There will also be one large space opening with the closure of Express as well. 

Also at Philips Place, Orvis has left their footprint there, which opens a huge space as well. There are four available spaces there, so I am intrigued to see what comes. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rufus said:

A cursory glance at the mall map on its website shows a massive store shaping up next to Belk and Cheesecake Factory. Clearly this is Z**A. 

There will also be one large space opening with the closure of Express as well. 

Also at Philips Place, Orvis has left their footprint there, which opens a huge space as well. There are four available spaces there, so I am intrigued to see what comes. 

yes the Gap is clearing out next to Belk for the new Zara and the new 2 story store will be there and I am assuming with an outside entrance too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

yes the Gap is clearing out next to Belk for the new Zara and the new 2 story store will be there and I am assuming with an outside entrance too.  

Did Gap leave the mall entirely? If not, I would say the Express location would be great for them, albeit smaller than their previous footprint. 

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

Did Gap leave the mall entirely? If not, I would say the Express location would be great for them, albeit smaller than their previous footprint. 

last time I walked by there were signs up saying Gap closing this location and I would think they are out of the mall.

• Like 1

Makes sense, they are planning to open 15 new Bloomies over the next 2 years, primarily by converting underperforming Macy's in markets where they think Bloomingdale's would have strong market penetration, so South Park definitely fits that criteria.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Makes sense, they are planning to open 15 new Bloomies over the next 2 years, primarily by converting underperforming Macy's in markets where they think Bloomingdale's would have strong market penetration, so South Park definitely fits that criteria.

This is what, the 20th anniversary of the Bloomingdales rumor? My sources are saying this is a rumor, as it was two decades ago.

Edited by CLT Development
  • Sad 2

If Macy's wont convert to Bloomingdales I hope they give up that spot and Simon redevelops it.  That Macys is one step above my favorite TJ Maxx and does match Macy's in Atlanta or elsewhere.   Imagine what could be put in there restaurants, other high end shops, redeveloped to a high rise luxury hotel.  As I said before this is MINO store Macy's In Name Only store.  

• Like 1

How big is this Macy's? I wonder if it's better for them to demo the store, build a 25ksqft Bloomie's Concept like they've done in Seattle, Fairfax, and Old Orchard? They just announced a new store in NJ, and it sounds like they are keen on expanding that concept. It saves them money on a much smaller, more curated concept. And then the remaining land could be sold to the mall (if Macy's owns the store there), and an expansion could add some new spaces for retailers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

How big is this Macy's? I wonder if it's better for them to demo the store, build a 25ksqft Bloomie's Concept like they've done in Seattle, Fairfax, and Old Orchard? They just announced a new store in NJ, and it sounds like they are keen on expanding that concept. It saves them money on a much smaller, more curated concept. And then the remaining land could be sold to the mall (if Macy's owns the store there), and an expansion could add some new spaces for retailers. 

It's 165,000 square feet. Looked at the wrong line item its actually 201,800 sq feet

Maybe lets make it a Fifth Third Bank instead? @KJHburg

Edited by CLT Development
  • Haha 3