Southend Living

I think you're being a little dramatic.

Seriously dude? If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is. I'm sorry, but if anyone's posts have been "dramatic" it has been a majority of your bullheaded and condecending attempts to start arguements. We pride ourselves here on our ability to speak to each other constructively and with respect and from what I've seen so far you don't seem to be capable of that. Is it too hard to respond to a post without coming across as a complete ass?

I'm sorry to everyone else here for writing this and giving more fuel to what is obviously an immature troll, but his posts have already over stayed their welcome with me.

• Like 2

It's mostly just wishful thinking on the part of ricky_davis_fan, who hates the food truck lot for whatever reason.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd prefer it be something that is used more than 4 days a month... 

They've actually been using it pretty frequently this spring. There was a large corporate event there on Tuesday night and there have been things going on almost every Saturday too. Nonetheless, that block has the potential to be southend's downtown, so I'd really like to see something go there, especially with public parking so the rest of the small surface lots can be either built on or green space (phat burrito lot).

Despite the architecture Junction does have something to offer the neighborhood. A couple of tenants had set up a beer pong table on the rail trail. Thumbs up from me!

Just about every time I am on the rail trail these days I see LRT fence jumpers going to/from Publix.

Despite the architecture Junction does have something to offer the neighborhood. A couple of tenants had set up a beer pong table on the rail trail. Thumbs up from me!

Just about every time I am on the rail trail these days I see LRT fence jumpers going to/from Publix.

Don't worry, we will fix it after someone gets hit!!

this is a sad discussion (that I started). I think we would all agree that it is far more dangerous for a pedestrian to cross South blvd at a crosswalk than it would be to cross the LRT at a properly designed ped crossing. 

While a ped crossing over the LRT is definitely needed (and needed soon), Its kinda wrong that we are discussing it instead of making South blvd less dangerous to peds.

By making the fence higher.

just back from the Southend neighborhood meeting. One prominent subject of the meeting was that CATS is very concerned about trespassing on the tracks (the Publix area was not specifically mentioned). The stated solution (if trespassing could not be socially discouraged) was to "build bigger fences." There was no discussion of an infill station or ped crossing.

Related to the above the meeting featured a panel discussion of Southend business owners. Two of them (one was the owner of Prices) lamented 'high densities" and congestion. I am always taken surprised when the car culture rears its ugly head along the Blue Line.

RE Food Truck / CM megaparcelproject: No one at the meeting let on that they had heard anything about the project, and the parcel's future was a topic of considerable discussion. I did ask a tenant of one of the buildings (fronting Camden) about his office space there (for the second time this week) and he has absolutely no inkling that something is afoot (and I believe him). Having said that, I do have the sense from multiple sources that the whole block is in play and something is eminent. FWIW.

just back from the Southend neighborhood meeting. One prominent subject of the meeting was that CATS is very concerned about trespassing on the tracks (the Publix area was not specifically mentioned). The stated solution (if trespassing could not be socially discouraged) was to "build bigger fences." There was no discussion of an infill station or ped crossing.

Related to the above the meeting featured a panel discussion of Southend business owners. Two of them (one was the owner of Prices) lamented 'high densities" and congestion. I am always taken surprised when the car culture rears its ugly head along the Blue Line.

RE Food Truck / CM megaparcelproject: No one at the meeting let on that they had heard anything about the project, and the parcel's future was a topic of considerable discussion. I did ask a tenant of one of the buildings (fronting Camden) about his office space there (for the second time this week) and he has absolutely no inkling that something is afoot (and I believe him). Having said that, I do have the sense from multiple sources that the whole block is in play and something is eminent. FWIW.

Hey I was there too! I was in the suit and asked about closing camden.

They had been incredibly tight lipped about the megaparcel which to me says, something is happening. I also heard that the owner of Price's is a major blocker of closing camden to cars, he doesn't want it to happen at all. So stupid.

They had been incredibly tight lipped about the megaparcel which to me says, something is happening. I also heard that the owner of Price's is a major blocker of closing camden to cars, he doesn't want it to happen at all. So stupid.

Whatever goes there, I hope it has a 300 car public parking deck.

His business has been booming since the car's glory days...

Re: the trespassing, I was at Big Ben's rail front deck for dinner last evening and noticed orange construction fencing from the Tremont spur station to the rear of Atherton Mill building, and perhaps further, just could not see. I presume this is in preparation for a permanent fence on this East side of the rail line where there is none currently. I also noticed that the light rail moves slower on this stretch than it used to. Accelerating south from East-West it used to go faster when crossing Tremont and heading to Remount station. Going noticeably slower now than before.

^ I can't help but think that an infill station plus some associated rail trail improvements in the area would make a decent TIGER VII grant proposal for the city.

Or, if they really wanted to lowball the proposal they could simply build a ped crossing with gates.

^ I can't help but think that an infill station plus some associated rail trail improvements in the area would make a decent TIGER VII grant proposal for the city.

Or, if they really wanted to lowball the proposal they could simply build a ped crossing with gates.

Absolutely would be a win. Can you apply for two separate grants at the same time?

The realtor who we worked with in getting our new office over here off the ground was and is fairly certain this is going to happen one way or another. The distance to cross, with so much activity with retail developments at Atherton and Publix on the one side and apartments/townhomes/office/breweries on the other, is becoming impossible to ignore. The way Publix has built its sidewalks in the back makes it look like they expect a station to go in that spot too. 

The realtor who we worked with in getting our new office over here off the ground was and is fairly certain this is going to happen one way or another. The distance to cross, with so much activity with retail developments at Atherton and Publix on the one side and apartments/townhomes/office/breweries on the other, is becoming impossible to ignore. The way Publix has built its sidewalks in the back makes it look like they expect a station to go in that spot too. 

Yea with the weird pedestrian access in the back. I have friends that have asked me about that. I think there will be a ped crossing within 9 months and a train station there within the next 18 months. 

just back from the Southend neighborhood meeting. One prominent subject of the meeting was that CATS is very concerned about trespassing on the tracks (the Publix area was not specifically mentioned).

Just wait until Whole Foods opens and South Enders are running across the light rail bridge instead of taking the long way via College/Stonewall. Gonna be like...

Stand-By-Me-Train.jpg

• Like 4