Publications about Greenville/Upstate

• 1 month later...

4 hours ago, cabelagent said:

The biggest winner of the 60 Mins piece was Kenzie Biggens & her company Worxbee…hope they take off to even higher ground. She’s a smart young lady!

Kenzie Biggens has been highlighted in the  "From Here You Can Change The World" initiative the City is pushing to build up local entrepreneurs and attract new companies. It would've been an excellent opportunity to have included that initiative somewhere in the 60 Minutes piece, but it was an excellent piece either way. 

Edited by GVLover

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, transplant08 said:

"Sans Souci – a Census-designated neighborhood a few miles north of I-85 downtown"

It appears that the author is unfamiliar with Greenville, maps, and measurement systems in general. It's a shame when what could be a good story gets undermined by facts, whether they're pertinent to the topic or not. If you can't get the facts correct on the proximity of I-85 to downtown, then I'm not sure how much else you got wrong... 

13 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

"Sans Souci – a Census-designated neighborhood a few miles north of I-85 downtown"

It appears that the author is unfamiliar with Greenville, maps, and measurement systems in general. It's a shame when what could be a good story gets undermined by facts, whether they're pertinent to the topic or not. If you can't get the facts correct on the proximity of I-85 to downtown, then I'm not sure how much else you got wrong... 

Looks accurate to me. It is a few miles north of I-85, and in many people's minds it is at least on the periphery of DT. It's similarities to DT are certainly growing.  The article's point about land-banking is very spot-on, IMO, and San Souci is a good candidate for that - for NOW at least. That window is closing though.    

19 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

I’m more concerned with the times I see these publications call Greenville a “town.” I’m pretty sure Greenville is bigger than Williamston. 

10 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Looks accurate to me. It is a few miles north of I-85, and in many people's minds it is at least on the periphery of DT. It's similarities to DT are certainly growing.  The article's point about land-banking is very spot-on, IMO, and San Souci is a good candidate for that - for NOW at least. That window is closing though.    

I see what you're saying.

You're reading it as 'a few miles north of 85 in downtown.' Whereas I read it as a "few miles north of 85," with 85 being downtown. IMO, it should really read: "few miles north of downtown," which is accurate. The relationship to 85 is unnecessary, IMO. It's just poor grammar, and/or storytelling.

5 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I’m more concerned with the times I see these publications call Greenville a “town.” I’m pretty sure Greenville is bigger than Williamston. 

LOL - but smaller than the "town" of Mt Pleasant. 

Edited by GvilleSC
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.businessreport.com/business/collaboration-helped-boost-brac-canvas-trip-destination-greenville-s-c

Baton Rouge sending a hundred person team to Greenville this week to see the tale. Interesting  it says they are similar in size, I didn't realize that. Actually I looked it up, BR city is well over 200k but the metro is 870k. Says BR GDP is 9B,  more than Greenville's. However,  it is a state capital, right on the MS River, and home to LSU. I would be interested to read the followup to their visit.

Edited by distortedlogic
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2022 at 12:24 AM, distortedlogic said:

Not sure if I agree with the placement of all these but...Greenville coming in at 9 in this list of the top 20 downtowns in the nation! 

https://k1047.com/2022/11/30/south-carolina-city-downtown-among-the-best-in-the-usa/

https://www.attractionsofamerica.com/travel/top-10-best-downtowns-usa.php

Highly questionable from the start by listing Lower Manhattan as one of the top Downtown areas, then proceeding to list attractions in Midtown Manhattan. I refuse to believe Plano, TX, for instance, has a better downtown than Raleigh. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...