SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

I saw a rendering a long time ago with 28 story office tower with a hotel but I am sure that is off the table now but the Enterprise lot will be at least 2 towers one office one maybe hotel or residential but likely  the latter but what do I know I am out of town.   The plan I saw long time ago had office tower, another tower and residential wrapping a parking garage.  It is already on the List of 60 towers.  

• Like 3

Uggg really, they keep taking away our SouthEnd monuments and Culture. That Enterprise lot is a valuable part of the SouthEnd community!!!

Right?! How are we supposed to rent a car now so we could park it in central square where we are not even allowed to park ugh. So unfair. Curse these developers for making a more useful and conducive environment than a parking lot!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/26/2021 at 2:15 PM, KJHburg said:

I was just told that a combo hotel and office tower with podium parking owned by OmShera a hotel developer by a reliable source.  It was reported back in the Biz Journal in 2019 about purchasing the land. 

OmShera Hotel Group plans to double down on South End, Dilworth - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

from the 2019 article

""The Hawkins Street site, a rectangular-shaped parcel next to Krispy Kreme's corporate office, is today home to pottery supplier and studio Carolina Clay Connection. Anandani said the firm likes the site because of its proximity to area retail as well as Portman Holdings' upcoming 16-story office tower, adjacent to Sycamore Brewing. Eventually, Sycamore will relocate to Portman's office tower, and the developer will likely build another office building on the brewery's current site.  OmShera Hotel Group has developed hotels with flags under several major hotel groups, including Hilton, Marriott International and Hyatt. ""

I have not seen a rendering but there might be one floating out there but I have not seen it. 

I wonder what the recent SouthEnd announcements portend for the now (seemingly (and thankfully) abandoned - the sign and fence have disappeared and the lot is now given over to parking for The Vintage)  OnShera Courtyard. I mean, I think a hotel there wouldn't be awful, but make it more urban and now high-rise not a suburban EIFS disaster.

This looks like it would have been quite comfortable at any freeway offramp in any anonymous suburb in America (from Our Portfolio - OmShera Hotel Group) and definitely not what I wanted to see in my neighborhood.

Courtyard-Dilworth.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

From the Business Journal:

An Austin, Texas-based real estate developer this week closed on its purchase of several South End parcels that are currently home to the Alliance Center for Education.

In two separate transactions, Aspen Heights Partners purchased about 2.75 acres for more than $4 million, according to Mecklenburg County real estate records. The Alliance Center for Education sold its 2.29 acres on Baltimore Avenue, Remount Road and Norfolk Avenue to the developer for $3.28 million, and United Methodist Women sold its 0.52-acre property at 2711 Norfolk Ave. for $770,500. Both sales closed Dec. 1.

In September 2020, Charlotte City Council unanimously approved Aspen’s rezoning request for the site, which included all 16 parcels that were just sold.

• Like 2