Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

You know what really grinds my gears?  When you spot a recently uploaded drone video and it includes ten year old footage.  In a slower growing city where a new (noticeable) tower might pop up every five years or so it's probably not that big of a deal, but with Chatlotte you can pinpoint the age of the footage down to the month.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NCMike1990 said:

Not quite that long ago. It's actually from October 2016. You can see the construction of 300 S. Tryon and AC Hotel/Residence Inn.

You beat me to it, the DEC (which is what I'll call it until someone corrects me) would've still been under construction. 

• Like 1

Telegraph>telephone>electricity>street lighting>traffic signals>communications (Cable, etc). Each one hung on the previous pole with some added as time and funds permit. Did I forget something? 19th century, indeed.

There is no other way to handle this says the only advanced Western country that does this.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, videtur quam contuor said:

t

Those shorter poles carry power from underground to the aerial lines. I cannot identify this location but my guess is that there is a power station/substation/aboveground system facility very near this location.

W Tremont and Hawkins. 

• Thanks 1