Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

15 hours ago, turbocraig said:

I actually did go to the Lego Towers of Tomorrow show a few years ago at Discovery Place.  No Charlotte buildings to be found there, but there’s this…

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-53025/klosspalatset/charlotte-skyline/#details

IMG_3742.jpeg

This can be done so much better now...maybe I need to buy some extra pieces to confirm this. My dream is to build a model of the BOACC crown better. 

• Like 2

There are several of us here who recall Hotel Charlotte. It was a modern hotel, steel framed, and located midway from the rail station on West Trade and the Square. Highways, interstates, increased auto travel and the decline of downtowns as a destination contributed to the demise of this hotel as well as others in Charlotte and elsewhere. The restaurant Hotel Charlotte was in the current Leroy Fox location on Sharon Road near the intersection of Providence. To enter the restaurant one went through a short lobby from the former hotel with hotel elements to entertain the eyes and the memory.

It is interesting that the advertisement mentions the altitude of Charlotte. Why would that be relevant?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, videtur quam contuor said:

There are several of us here who recall Hotel Charlotte. It was a modern hotel, steel framed, and located midway from the rail station on West Trade and the Square. Highways, interstates, increased auto travel and the decline of downtowns as a destination contributed to the demise of this hotel as well as others in Charlotte and elsewhere. The restaurant Hotel Charlotte was in the current Leroy Fox location on Sharon Road near the intersection of Providence. To enter the restaurant one went through a short lobby from the former hotel with hotel elements to entertain the eyes and the memory.

It is interesting that the advertisement mentions the altitude of Charlotte. Why would that be relevant?

My dad was having a sales meeting in one of the meeting rooms at the base there in the 40s when, all of the sudden they heard a loud 'thump' on the ceiling. They all went up on the roof to see what it was. A preacher had jumped out of an upper floor in order to commit suicide.  Anyone else here remember the implosion with David Copperfield?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Windsurfer said:

My dad was having a sales meeting in one of the meeting rooms at the base there in the 40s when, all of the sudden they heard a loud 'thump' on the ceiling. They all went up on the roof to see what it was. A preacher had jumped out of an upper floor in order to commit suicide.  Anyone else here remember the implosion with David Copperfield?

One cannot leap into the arms of God. One must fall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1