New Tallest in Greenville?

erm1981

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about it is that 23 and 14 stories sounds very doable. I wouldn't be surprised to hear some numbers like that.

As far as comparing other Carolina cities' downtown hotel inventories, we forgot Durham. I could only find one downtown hotel, the Marriott at 187 rooms. Not much at all, but I just thought I'd throw that one in there.

The thing about it is that 23 and 14 stories sounds very doable. I wouldn't be surprised to hear some numbers like that.

As far as comparing other Carolina cities' downtown hotel inventories, we forgot Durham. I could only find one downtown hotel, the Marriott at 187 rooms. Not much at all, but I just thought I'd throw that one in there.

Those are very surprising numbers for CBD hotel space in Durham, Greensboro, Raleigh, etc. I would have expected 1500 or more in Raleigh and similar numbers to Greenville for Greensboro. It looks like there will be some major increases for most of those cities upcoming though. Greenville has already doubled up in the last few years.

Has development been focused along the interstates up there? It seems to have been split among DT, Haywood Rd., Woodruff Rd and the I-385 intersections in Greenville.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Don't count on this project anytime soon with the economy. <_< The reason renderings haven't been released yet is because there are none. At least there weren't a month ago. The developers aren't sure what they want to build yet and are studying all options available to make it work.

They also have no track record in developing projects of this size. The two projects of any size they tried to do didn't happen - The Rembrey on Pamlico Shores and Montelago on Lake Keowee. I don't feel very confident that they will make anything happen here. Probably sell it on to someone who hopefully can.

They also have no track record in developing projects of this size. The two projects of any size they tried to do didn't happen - The Rembrey on Pamlico Shores and Montelago on Lake Keowee. I don't feel very confident that they will make anything happen here. Probably sell it on to someone who hopefully can.

• 1 month later...

Archived