Dillard Creek Commons | Creekside Village

DT-Gville

Citylife,

Does the site plan show how it plans on incorporating Dillard Creek into its plans? I will be downstream from all this development.

Dillard Creek runs through my land and already has so much silt in it from current developing that where I live, it is turning into a small stream instead of a creek. In the last ten years, it has gone from 5 -8 feet deep and now with all the silt it is down to a depth 18 -24 inches.

I just hope this development will not make it worse downstream.

The Mall of Georgia is 1,793,000 square feet, so no it will not be bigger than that. The creek isn't shown on the site plan so i'm not sure what they're going to do regarding it.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the Village at Pelham LLC the same group that is developing the hospital and the Village Market Place?

No.

The hospital side is being developed by SRHS, but the Market Place is not. They sold off that project some time ago. It has changed hands a couple of times since then. Word is that both retail projects are coordinating their efforts, although they remain separate. I wouldn't be surprised to soon hear the "Dillard Creek" designation will be changed and the "Village at Pelham" name adopted by all ... with all three projects maintaining autonomy.

No.

The hospital side is being developed by SRHS, but the Market Place is not. They sold off that project some time ago. It has changed hands a couple of times since then. Word is that both retail projects are coordinating their efforts, although they remain separate. I wouldn't be surprised to soon hear the "Dillard Creek" designation will be changed and the "Village at Pelham" name adopted by all ... with all three projects maintaining autonomy.

That is correct about the coordination, also I think it will be called Dillard Creek at Village at Pelham.

Thanks for the info.

I knew the Market Place had a couple of "change of hands" but if SRHS has nothing to do with it anymore, why is it still on their website as if they are developing it?

That's like asking why does the Pinnacle on Main site still say "construction start date: third quarter 2006." :whistling: A large outdoor retailer that is known for its tourists is scheduled to be the first thing built at Dillard Creek. You all know who it is by now.

Wanted to add......

This last spring, according to David Parks at Village at Pelham, quite a few grand openings were to coincide with the opening of the Village at Pelham Hospital. There is no way this will happen. The only current construction is the child care center behind the hospital.

Why all the misinformation prior to Bass Pro shop announcing whether it will be opening at Dillard Creek Commons?

Is it all just a game to see what other retail shops will take the bait?

Apparently I am ignorant.

I live near these major developments and am trying to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

So it is a big game at the expense of the nearby residents as to how it will play out?

I don't think you're being ignorant. When I said that regarding the Pinnacle on Main, I was referring to that websites aren't updated that often which is unforunate. SRHS is no longer developing the Village at Pelham Marketplace. It is now going to be built by three separate developers working together. If I lived near where Dillard Creek is going to be built, I would have many questions too regarding it seeing how it's going to impact the area in a big way. I'm not sure of any game. :dontknow: Collett and Associates is a development group that loves to remain quiet and behind the scenes. I'm not sure why they're like that but they just are. I'm sure you could get answers to your questions if you contacted them or the city. :)

I don't think you're being ignorant. When I said that regarding the Pinnacle on Main, I was referring to that websites aren't updated that often which is unforunate. SRHS is no longer developing the Village at Pelham Marketplace. It is now going to be built by three separate developers working together. If I lived near where Dillard Creek is going to be built, I would have many questions too regarding it seeing how it's going to impact the area in a big way. I'm not sure of any game. :dontknow: Collett and Associates is a development group that loves to remain quiet and behind the scenes. I'm not sure why they're like that but they just are. I'm sure you could get answers to your questions if you contacted them or the city. :)

citylife, I agree that it unfortunate that websites, in particular the V@P site, "aren't updated that often." However, you are a bit confused about the V@P Marketplace development. It is NOT "going to be built by three separate developers working together" ... it has one developer who is coordinating the propject with two separate neighboring projects. The Marketplace is actually small in comparison to the "Dillard Creek" project.

G'ville-gal, while David parks is a very nice guy, he is the hospital administrator and not necessarily the best source for information other than that directly related to the SRHS property.

The fact that all three projects are working together to coordinate their projects will benefit the area. Roads, turn lanes, traffic lights can be planned to work for all and overlap of tenant recruitment (both type and specific) can be avoided. These separate developments can compliment rather than compete with each other.

citylife, I agree that it unfortunate that websites, in particular the V@P site, "aren't updated that often." However, you are a bit confused about the V@P Marketplace development. It is NOT "going to be built by three separate developers working together" ... it has one developer who is coordinating the propject with two separate neighboring projects. The Marketplace is actually small in comparison to the "Dillard Creek" project.

I sent you a PM. Sorry for the confusion. :) And yes the marketplace is small in comparison to Dillard Creek.

Wanted to add......

This last spring, according to David Parks at Village at Pelham, quite a few grand openings were to coincide with the opening of the Village at Pelham Hospital. There is no way this will happen. The only current construction is the child care center behind the hospital.

Why all the misinformation prior to Bass Pro shop announcing whether it will be opening at Dillard Creek Commons?

Is it all just a game to see what other retail shops will take the bait?

Its not misinformation, things just change, retail development is tricky, often retailer may only commit if you atract certain co-tenants and prohibit others. For example, Tenant A may only occupy if you also get tenant B & C (who each have their own Co-Tenants) ANd for example Tentnat B may only occupy if you get tenant A and Tenant D and tenant D might not be willing to occupy if tenant A is part of the project. And Tenant C maybe can't afford this project. THis makes it very difficult you have to find the right balance, this is also why so many centers tend to have the same mix of tenants.

One Development Group, three companies marketing that project.

Thanks for all the explanations.

I just want to see positive action and smart growth.

I am glad to read that Dillard Creek will be more protected than the original plan for Dillard Commons.

Several years ago, we moved away from the Woodruff road area due to all the poor growth planning and I see the same thing already happening on Hwy 14.

Does anyone know who to contact regarding action to extend the Frontage Road and the Brockman-Mcclimon exit opened to access it? I know funding was denied but can it be reconsidered for next year?

Does anyone know who to contact regarding action to extend the Frontage Road and the Brockman-Mcclimon exit opened to access it? I know funding was denied but can it be reconsidered for next year?

The funding would come from the state/legislature. Rep. Mahaffey was a huge supporter of extending the frontage road ... unfortunately he didn't run for re-election. G-gal, Do you mind sharing what county you live in?

Hi crescentmoon,

I am in Spartanburg county just barely. Our schools are Greenville county.

OK then to answer your previous question, after the November election, you should let your new representatives (should be Sen. Lee Bright and Rep. Rita Allison) know how you feel about the frontage road.

Just wondering, if you "moved away from the Woodruff road area due to all the poor growth planning," why did you choose to move to a county without zoning?

Crescent,

We bought our land years before we built. People were asking why do you want to live so far out in nowhere? LOL

At that time no one was looking at Hwy 14 as the new area of growth.

My husband works in Sptnbg and I work in Greenville so it is exactly the same distance for each of us to drive to work.

As far as zoning- at the time of our build, we were so glad to be moving from a strict HOA neighborhood to our own land and the fact hwy 14 was still a two lane road, the positives outweighed the negatives. The positives still outweigh the negatives today.

Crescent,

We bought our land years before we built. People were asking why do you want to live so far out in nowhere? LOL

At that time no one was looking at Hwy 14 as the new area of growth.

My husband works in Sptnbg and I work in Greenville so it is exactly the same distance for each of us to drive to work.

As far as zoning- at the time of our build, we were so glad to be moving from a strict HOA neighborhood to our own land and the fact hwy 14 was still a two lane road, the positives outweighed the negatives. The positives still outweigh the negatives today.

Makes sense. I hope my question didn't seem rude ... it wasn't meant to be.

OK then to answer your previous question, after the November election, you should let your new representatives (should be Sen. Lee Bright and Rep. Rita Allison) know how you feel about the frontage road.

Just wondering, if you "moved away from the Woodruff road area due to all the poor growth planning," why did you choose to move to a county without zoning?

God help us if Lee Bright wins the seat. That guy is an idiot.

Regarding Spartanburg County zoning, I hope those of you in the Greer/Golden Box area will take a look at this thread. Spartanburg County is looking quite seriously at adopting a zoning ordinance, and in order for this to happen you need to contact your county council representative and tell them that you want zoning. They are holding public informational meetings now, and the council will probably look to vote on it this fall. Greer is a significant area within Spartanburg County, so I hope y'all will make your voice heard!

I personally do not care for Lee bright or Scott Talley.

I knew Rita Allison Years ago when she used to be involved in the pageant system. I have not seen her in years.

Our corner is the forgotten part of Spartanburg in the eyes of politics. We are just on the fringe of Greenville County and kids around here attend Greenville County schools yet we are in Sptng County. We are not in the city of Greer and have no desire to be.

We are not part of the Golden Box so we have not had to be a part of all that mess.

If you look at a map of the school districts in SC, you will see that many districts around the state cross county lines. The Greenville County School District also takes in a small part of Laurens County and the area around Pelham (the village being on the Spartanburg side of the line). Spartanburg 1 includes a small park of Greenville near Landrum. Its pretty common.

Archived