IKEA's Charlotte Store

monsoon

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the biggest thing about landing an IKEA in Charlotte. It's not about "prestige" like some people insist. It's about the fact that people make pilgrimages to this store from long distances - and leave behind their sales tax $ (CATS should look forward to this). Is there any other store brand in the Carolinas that would compete for that tax money - I mean that people would travel distances to? I can't think of any. IKEA is going to funnel tax $ from the whole region into Charlotte.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you mean the IKEA? Or the road? Stores take a lot of time to make sure things are ready for a grand opening. Training, stocking, security (making sure cameras are covering all angles), then they send in people to test the store to make sure its safe and the flow works. Plus they can't open until a fire marshal grants approval.

I cant wait! A week from today! Ive been want to get something from there for my apartment but could never do it because the closest IKEA (Atlanta) is to far to drive to and you cant order the product online. Ive been waiting for months and I will definately be driving from Greensboro to Charlotte! I expect people within a 200 mile radius will drive to the Charlotte store.

Archived