The Orlando Magic Thread

bic

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the ups on that guy. What a sicko.

Nice list bic. I could live a life that didn't include Arroyo on our team. Garrity and Vasquez can help him pack his bags and then in the nature of good manors they would return the favor.

Grant Hill is bye bye, I see no other way. Phoenix appears to be in a good position to acquire this past specimen of the perfect basketball player. This would give Hill the opportunity to chase down the allusive opportunity of getting a championship.

I am a huge fan but lets face it, the Magic are the NBA's equivalent of making the Madden cover in football.

Grant Hill is bye bye, I see no other way. Phoenix appears to be in a good position to acquire this past specimen of the perfect basketball player. This would give Hill the opportunity to chase down the allusive opportunity of getting a championship.

The only issue with GHill going to the Suns is that he'd have to accept the veteran's minimum of $1.2 million unless a sign-and-trade deal could be worked out.

$15 million a year for a ball player isn't so bad when you consider we're also getting a ninja in disguise:

That pic gives me flashbacks of a certain Sonic who would occasionally strike a crouched ninja pose himself, way back before he put on 600 lbs, and, er, a Magic uniform :ph34r:

He is worth a good 8 points in a west coast offense.

Heck, he was putting up 14 points in 30 minutes on one of the slowest offensive teams in the league. Imagine what he could do with Nash and the Suns if he stays healthy...

Heck, he was putting up 14 points in 30 minutes on one of the slowest offensive teams in the league. Imagine what he could do with Nash and the Suns if he stays healthy...

Hill can keep up with the suns, he is just going to sit on the bench and provide advise to other players.

The Magic will keep Darko.

Lewis + Dako + Dwight.

Rummor is they will have enough to get Wallace.

Looks like you posted a little early but I hope it still goes down regardless of what that idiot is saying (agent, not Darko)

If not try to sign and trade Hill, Millic, Arroyo for Gausol

Trade Turk + Garrity + someone else, draft picks for Artest

Dwight

Gausol

Lewis

Artest or G Wallace

Nelson

Bench: Dooling, Battie, JJ Redick

Grant Hill agreed to sign with the Phoenix Suns for the veteran's minimum of $1.2 million. How's that for loyalty?

Pheonix will pay him 1.2 million for a whole year. That's about what the Magic paid for him to play each game based on his long term contract and the amount of games he actually was healthy enough to play.

It is a very rare occasion to witness loyalty to a team or fans anymore. I think G Hill is a pretty decent guy overall, but the fans certainly deserve to boo if they like. Just like G Hill is free to go to Pheonix.

I say let Hill go his merry way, he isn't what this team needs anyway. Orlando is a young team, and I really hope Stan can change the style of offense the magic run this season. I HATED b hill's slow, half court sets that always ended in turnovers. With all our athleticism, we should be able to speed up the offense into a full court style, ala phx. Ironically, Grant Hill is going to a team that runs way too much for his style of offense, I don't see him being much of a fit there at all. It just works for PHX since he's only playing for the vet minimum, and can provide some points off the bench when guys like nash are resting. I am bitter that he weighed down the franchise for so many years, and kept giving us rhetoric that he is committed to finishing his career in orlando bla bla, but I am ready for orlando to start fresh and focus on our young talent.

And on that note, let's get Artest for Hedo! Lewis takes care of our SF woes, no real need for Hedo anymore. Bring in Artest, he can start for Battie and we'll have some serious defense and even more low post presence. Yes, he does have a "questionable" attitude, but if he is in an environment where he can actually win games, I think he will thrive. If we can bring in Artest, and somehow hold on to Darko we will have some serious contention possibilities for the east.

And even if we don't go far next season, our team will still be young enough to continue to improve well into the future. I finally like the way the organization is heading.

I wish we had a veterans minimum in my field of 1.2 million.

Boo hill, he has no classssssssssssssss.

Anyways he will probably be injured and wont make the trip.

Future line up:

Dwight

Darko? try to get Gausol or KG

Artest

Lewis

Nelson

Then in 2008 trade for Arenas or Kobe Bryant

My mistake...he'll actually be getting paid $1.8 million for the first year and he has a player option for a second year at nearly $2 million.

Also, while I don't think it would be difficult at all for Otis to trade for Ron Artest, I seriously doubt he would go through with it. The organization has a history of not adding "bad boy" players to the roster and I seriously doubt that Rich DeVos would allow the Magic to pick up one of the biggest headcases to ever play in the NBA. On top of that, as great a player as he is, we are already have a jam at SF and still have huge holes at PF, SG, and PG that need to be filled. Playing Rashard, Ariza, or even Artest out of position should only be looked at as a last resort.

Boo hill, he has no classssssssssssssss.

Anyways he will probably be injured and wont make the trip.

Future line up:

Dwight

Darko? try to get Gausol or KG

Artest

Lewis

Nelson

Then in 2008 trade for Arenas or Kobe Bryant

Um, perhaps I am missing the sarcasm, but Grant Hill remains one of the classier players in the league. The Magic could only hope to one day have him on teh sideline calling plays.

Archived