The Orlando Magic Thread

bic

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howard got screwed big time. Jordan is just jealous because he could never jump that high himself and dunk the ball, but he'll give the only 10 out to a "distance" jump because that is the type of dunk that he used to do when he used to win. They gave that guy creativity/style points for jumping over a table. How is that any different than jumping over someone, which was done twice earlier in the competition? What Howard did has never been done before. The sticker should have given him some extra style points.

Howard got screwed big time. Jordan is just jealous because he could never jump that high himself and dunk the ball, but he'll give the only 10 out to a "distance" jump because that is the type of dunk that he used to do when he used to win. They gave that guy creativity/style points for jumping over a table. How is that any different than jumping over someone, which was done twice earlier in the competition? What Howard did has never been done before. The sticker should have given him some extra style points.

Well said Bulldogger, he definately got screwed.

Well said Bulldogger, he definately got screwed.

I watched the entire game last night against The Pistons. The Magic are lacking a player who can create heir own shots. Someone who can shoot from the outside or drive to the basket. Grant Hill at one time in his career could do that but he is past his prime. Grant is a great guy and you have to feel sorry for the guy all the injuries but with his salary it is time to make a change. Howard is a force and The Magic need to keep him happy. We need to surround Howard with some quality talent.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching the Magic-Bulls game right now and noticed something interesting. After TNT came back from commercial for the first timeout, they showed a zoomed in shot of the SunTrust cluster from across Lake Eola (giving the impression of a live shot), but The Plaza was still so early in its construction, all I could see were the cranes and no sign of the actual building. Then just now they took another timeout and TNT showed a wider shot of the SunTrust/Eola skyline from across lake Eola and in that one, Solaire and The Plaza looked to be completed. Interesting...

I notice this file footage discontinuity a lot for nationally televised sports games here in Miami. They almost never use up-to-date images of the city.

I'm watching the Magic-Bulls game right now and noticed something interesting. After TNT came back from commercial for the first timeout, they showed a zoomed in shot of the SunTrust cluster from across Lake Eola (giving the impression of a live shot), but The Plaza was still so early in its construction, all I could see were the cranes and no sign of the actual building. Then just now they took another timeout and TNT showed a wider shot of the SunTrust/Eola skyline from across lake Eola and in that one, Solaire and The Plaza looked to be completed. Interesting...

I notice this file footage discontinuity a lot for nationally televised sports games here in Miami. They almost never use up-to-date images of the city.

Funny you mention that, I just turned on my computer to note the same thing.

It would be interesting to see how many times they do that. 7:49 left in the second, Bulls go up 11 pts, Magic call timeout and all of a sudden it's 2005 again- no Solaire. That's probably the last time TNT was in Orlando for a game.

BTW, Bic is your HD showing up real grainy when the camera pans up or down the floor quickly?

Archived