Richmond in Pictures III

mclawsdrive

Well, judging from the last picture, source, if rebuilt, they could offer sizable loft apartments since all the partition walls have disappeared in the fire.

It would be nice if the store-front attachments could be removed to reveal the total frontage of the old houses with small lawns.

A few weeks ago there was a banner advertising "Luxury Apartments" and a leasing office on the ground floor of the easternmost house.

Edited by burt

Wait! There actually is a Sonics in the Richmond area?! For 10 years I have been trying to figure out why we get Sonics commercials.

Edit : Removed quote; No clue how this reply attached itself to a post much further up, rather than Joey's.

Edited by Icetera

Cool shots, Joey.

The last one shows how much we need infill between Riverfront Plaza and JC3. Hopefully JC4, a tower at Alcoa and a tower over the RMA Deck will take care of that. :)

Also, maybe since it is reviled by many as an eyesore, the entire block occupied by Richmond Plaza (former Ligget & Myers) at Cary/Canal/6th and 7th should be demolished and replaced by a tower.

On the other hand, I can imagine tenants in Centennial would not be happy with a blocked view of the river.

Thanks for the pix, Joey. Is the only local SONICS in Chester?

Edited by burt

Icetara and Burt theres a Sonics in Chester and one in Colonial Heights go to there website and use there locator tool. It will show all the Sonics in Virginia. I was so glad to go down there last night considering we always went to the one in Williamsburg. The Sonics in Chester is quite new and a very nice one too. Plus we got fast service which was great too.

Icetara and Burt theres a Sonics in Chester and one in Colonial Heights go to there website and use there locator tool. It will show all the Sonics in Virginia. I was so glad to go down there last night considering we always went to the one in Williamsburg. The Sonics in Chester is quite new and a very nice one too. Plus we got fast service which was great too.

WOW.. that is huge news.

my co-worker has been dreaming of opening one up in the western part of richmond, so i guess that dream is no more since i would think the ones that got open south of the city would have franchise rights to the entire city...

I went to the very first Sonics on Robious and Huguenot back in the early 90's and it sucked. i am sure it is nothing like the new and improved Sonics... i might have to venture there and take a look

In the west you say... <_<

This is another example of how if there is one place available, people will go to it, even if it's out of their way. So one more time, no excuses not bringing retail back to downtown Richmond. Developers, hop to.

I notice in today's CNN coverage she's wearing the same old hat in Williamsburg. ABC News last night showed video of two gentlemen, each carrying stacks of hat boxes in both hands from the 777 jet to a waiting limousine on the tarmac. :lol:

I stand corrected. She IS wearing a new hat today -- they all look alike. :rolleyes:

Edited by burt

I was watching the 8pm news last night here in Paris where I'm studying for the semester, and they had a two-minute spot on the Queen's visit to Richmond complete with footage from her walk-around with Tim Kaine and her speech inside the capital. It also covered a brief history of Jamestown. The only story that got more coverage was the French presidential elections (which are tomorrow!). Great international press for Richmond!

I was watching the 8pm news last night here in Paris where I'm studying for the semester, and they had a two-minute spot on the Queen's visit to Richmond complete with footage from her walk-around with Tim Kaine and her speech inside the capital. It also covered a brief history of Jamestown. The only story that got more coverage was the French presidential elections (which are tomorrow!). Great international press for Richmond!

gnt, how lucky you are to be studying in Paris. Je ne parle pas francais, mai, bon chance mon ami.