Bass Berry & Sims Tower "The Crown"

doormanpoet

oh, thats a camera phone picture... i have a really nice cannon camera, but i havent figured out how to take good night shots. i paid all that money for it, and it is the hardest thing to figure out! lol

'im still working on it though, you can see some over on my gallery... click on the link in my sig

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are finishing 25 and starting on 26. The roof will be floor number 30 plus the core gets an extra two "floors" above the roof.

edit: Also, thanks for sharing the pictures everyone! Much appreciated!! The tower looks better every day. I think this will be our jewel for awhile, if only it was a little taller!

• 2 weeks later...

On the way to the Preds game tonight, i could have kicked myself for not having a camera with me. The weather pulled some thick clouds off the river which engulfed the Pinnacle as well as most off downtown. It was a wicked sight to see the building under-construction, with bright lights, but almost masked out of view.

Sorry i cant share.

Yeah, the past day or so has not been good for the camera. As soon as the pouring rain stops I'll try to post an updated web cam pic.

edit: Plus when the clouds are not so dreary looking. It looks like the floor going up after the one going up now will be the "big" offset and taper.

To me, it looks as if the height with the crown will be at "floor" 34. If you check out the PDF of the stacking floor plan on page 38, you can see that 29 will be the last level with its roof as 30. Now the inner core where the elevators and such are will be poured two more "floors" higher as 31 and 32 as I am told. Then if you look at the crown, it looks like it will top out at about two floors past that, so 33 and 34 is my best guess. Currently, if I have counted right, they are finishing pouring floor 26 with 27 being prepared. Very awesome and exciting to watch this one go up higher and higher! If only it was a little bit taller for us height enthusiast. :D

To me, it looks as if the height with the crown will be at "floor" 34. If you check out the PDF of the stacking floor plan on page 38, you can see that 29 will be the last level with its roof as 30. Now the inner core where the elevators and such are will be poured two more "floors" higher as 31 and 32 as I am told. Then if you look at the crown, it looks like it will top out at about two floors past that, so 33 and 34 is my best guess. Currently, if I have counted right, they are finishing pouring floor 26 with 27 being prepared. Very awesome and exciting to watch this one go up higher and higher! If only it was a little bit taller for us height enthusiast. :D

Nice shot insulin! I imagine that view will change over the years with the addition of more high rises. I feel that will be a hot area of town in another boom. I agree, the lit up crown should be another jewel to the skyline.

Welcome to the forum skybolt!!

• 5 weeks later...

From looking at the current pictures from the construction cam, can anyone say where the final height of the tower should be once the service floors are added above the 29th and the crown is erected? I was thinking that maybe the height of the smaller crane. I can't wait until I come home on leave next week and see this tower in the skyline. When I drive in from 40E/24 I always love the view of the At&t tower when you come around the corner to merge with I24. I bet this tower is going to make a huge difference. Now only if it was finished and lit up at night! I think that it will be a welcomed addition to the night skyline since the At&t tower looks crappy at night now. :huh:

It's been about a month so I thought I would update the construction cam shot. It looks like they are raising the north crane again. It also looks like they are adding a segment to its boom. Never seen that before. I will add another picture when they get done.

They only have on more floor to pour. To answer your question bruceman, I think the crown will be in between the cranes as they were yesterday (if the north crane goes higher today). My guess is the crown will be around 3-4 floors higher than the top of the last floor. Should look great!

Pinnaclefromconstructioncam1-17-200.jpg

If you go to the construction cam and zoom in today, you will notice that the newest columns being poured do not have the rebar sticking out for the next floor because this is the last floor! However, the center pieces (core) do because they will go up a couple of more floors. Hooray. almost there!!

Archived