Bass Berry & Sims Tower "The Crown"

doormanpoet

Good idea! Such a park would also be a convenient "out house" for downtown's homeless residents. So it's a win-win idea: Those living in the glass towers will have a place to stroll along leisurely and ponder life's mystries, while those living under the bushes will have a place to attend to life's more pressing matters, such as shaving up for that big job interview at Shoney's or heating up a can of Vienna Sausages over a pile of burning garbage...

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply
v-spider, these are really cool. Interesting perspective of the Encore. Almost looks like they're raising "pod people" on the roof (the ac units look eerily sci-fi).

The CMOF looks so lonely for now. That's an amazing shot of the MCC site.

Thanks for these. Pretty amazing. Now, we want some from the top of the now-assembling framework for the top. Hang on tight, it's windy.

I don't usually post to these forums, though the discussions are always interesting, but I've noticed a lot of interest in how the Pinnacle looks, so I thought I'd share a video we shot at the Tennessean last week. The video was created for an audience that's not nearly as knowledgeable about the building as this group, so it starts with an explanation of the project (and a short commercial, sorry), but we do have some shots at the end from the top floor (the 29th). The video should be on the business page for about a month or so and in the archives afterwards.

http://www.tennessean.com/section/BUSINESS

Chas Sisk, real estate reporter, Tennessean

I don't usually post to these forums, though the discussions are always interesting, but I've noticed a lot of interest in how the Pinnacle looks, so I thought I'd share a video we shot at the Tennessean last week. The video was created for an audience that's not nearly as knowledgeable about the building as this group, so it starts with an explanation of the project (and a short commercial, sorry), but we do have some shots at the end from the top floor (the 29th). The video should be on the business page for about a month or so and in the archives afterwards.

http://www.tennessean.com/section/BUSINESS

Chas Sisk, real estate reporter, Tennessean

• 3 weeks later...

The Pinnacle is a strikingly handsome addition to Nashville's skyline. Now that it has been topped-out, it is prominently visible from many areas across the city, especially from the expressways. I look forward to seeing "the crown" illuminated at night.

South crane is coming down. This thing is almost complete on the exterior... C'mon Lionstone and get your act together so we can get some more cranes up in the city!

The Pinnacle is a strikingly handsome addition to Nashville's skyline. Now that it has been topped-out, it is prominently visible from many areas across the city, especially from the expressways. I look forward to seeing "the crown" illuminated at night.

I assume the Westin is cancelled, as well. But I think the addition of Encore 2 would.... oh nevermind I just can't finish the sentence it's so funny.

But, something either needs to connect it with DT or things need to rise around it to give some density. Sometimes the illusion of connection is all it takes. See Atlanta coming from the north. Midtown doesn't exist until you're east or west of downtown.

Wow! The Crown is nearly finished, at least on the outside. It does need another "neighbor" or two, but I think it will still be a while before that happens. I still wish they had built it about ten stories taller. What an impact it would have had then, and I think it would have been better portioned. Here's my 39 Story version of the Crown.

EnhancedCrown.jpg

Archived