Bass Berry & Sims Tower "The Crown"

doormanpoet

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing I love about Nashville is it's robust array of architecture in it's central core. Everything from ancient greek architecture (parthenon) to victorian gothic (customs house) to 50's concrete (L&C Tower) to modern (One Nashville Place & AT&T Tower) and now post modern with the Pinnacle. I think in 20 or even 10 years Nashville will really be something to look at. Now if the city could just get a little height going.

Thanks for the pics guys!

Ugh. I have tried and tried and tried to 'like' the Pinnacle tower...but it just looks too much like your typical R2-D2...short, squat, tower wannabe that is so typical of the Nashville skyline. The AT&T tower is truly the only one that really 'stands out', still to this day. I mean, i'm not complaining. Anything that adds more definition to the skyline is alright by me......but I'm dying to see something more daring (like a nice tall anchoring hotel for the MCC, or Siggy). Somethings gotta give. Gimme some height!! :wacko:

good luck in this economy. notice that three large projects (siggy, wes and this) were planned, yet this one was the only one that made it. they kept it simple and realistic. now i'm not saying we shouldn't dream for more, but those other two projects just hit at the wrong time.

good luck in this economy. notice that three large projects (siggy, wes and this) were planned, yet this one was the only one that made it. they kept it simple and realistic. now i'm not saying we shouldn't dream for more, but those other two projects just hit at the wrong time.

Archived