Construction Thread-Orlando-Paramount

Aga11940

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone,

What is the progress on this buildings, will it be done on time?

Was there this past weekend and those columns on the west side (publix truck entrance) look pretty bad.

The steel columns are almost cutting that entrance in half. Any word on Publix, are they still going in?

-Nikos Z

Hey everyone,

What is the progress on this buildings, will it be done on time?

Was there this past weekend and those columns on the west side (publix truck entrance) look pretty bad.

The steel columns are almost cutting that entrance in half. Any word on Publix, are they still going in?

-Nikos Z

Yes, and Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Very south beach looking building.

so, one side of the Lake Eola is officially built out minus one tiny plot by waverly....lets move to the other side now developer.

Don't forget the Post Apartments in front of Paramount and on the Lake. They (and the tiny lot next to Waverly) will probably be the next thing to come down and be replaced with high rise on the south side of Lake Eola.

I was around when these were built and they were built fast and cheap. I would assume that Post wasn't looking for a long lifetime for them and will replace them when the market conditions are right with something that can generate more tenants/income.

DOn't hold your breath. They are going to be renovating the ground floor meeting space to add more apartments to the north building. The replacement costs are too high for them to consider tearing them down.

I am with Jack on that one. Not withstanding a natural disaster or some other act of God I can't see a rationale to remove them as they currently exist. In 50 years or so, I could see them being replaced, but certainly not in the forseeable future.

I am with Jack on that one. Not withstanding a natural disaster or some other act of God I can't see a rationale to remove them as they currently exist. In 50 years or so, I could see them being replaced, but certainly not in the forseeable future.

exactly. plus its a money maker currently as an apt and retail space (even with all the issues with the old lee's lakeside space).

BTW, the Beacon Group's "Stardust Lounge" (old Lee's Underground Tavern space) has their new sign up today, should be opening soon.

A pipe dream I have had regarding Central Ave is for Post Parkside to sell their apartments North of Central (on Lake Eola Park) to the City. The City tears them down and opens up access to Lake Eola, creating a plaza like area with an outdoor restaurant (think Lincoln Rd Mall). Post Parkside then completely renovates the rest of their properties on Central to include first floor retail all the way down to Eola Drive, making up for the lost retail on the North side of the street.

It is a pipe dream, I know.

Archived