Construction Thread-Orlando-Paramount

Aga11940

Does anybody knows who the structural engineer is for The Paramount?

Only 2 to 4 weeks delay? If so, that's great! Does that mean that those columns are now permanent?

I had heard that those columns were just temporary and that the actual fix would cost a lot of money!

Hi everyone,

I was flying up to New York (last week) from Orlando and over heard 2 brokers talking about the Paramount. They said that they heard that Publix was pulling out of the Paramount due to those New support beams blocking access for their delivery trucks. I hope this was just 2 brokers bs-ing, because that would suck, Publix is one of the reasons I bought into the Paramount. So I hope those beams are not permanent. Any one else hear anything on the beams or publix?

thanks

-Nikos

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

I was flying up to New York (last week) from Orlando and over heard 2 brokers talking about the Paramount. They said that they heard that Publix was pulling out of the Paramount due to those New support beams blocking access for their delivery trucks. I hope this was just 2 brokers bs-ing, because that would suck, Publix is one of the reasons I bought into the Paramount. So I hope those beams are not permanent. Any one else hear anything on the beams or publix?

thanks

-Nikos

I have a friend that works for the Developer - they said this is totally not true. Publix is NOT pulling out and everything is moving forward as planned.

That is the weiredest building footprint I've ever seen. My real estate brain is just cringing at the lost rentable/saleable square footage! Wouldn't the developer have made more money by building on every inch possible? What's up with that Zig Zag?

I have a friend that works for the Developer - they said this is totally not true. Publix is NOT pulling out and everything is moving forward as planned.

That's good to know, as Nikos said!

But then I have his same question... are those columns temporary? Or a different fix will have to take place? I would hope so, they don't look so nice!

That is the weiredest building footprint I've ever seen. My real estate brain is just cringing at the lost rentable/saleable square footage! Wouldn't the developer have made more money by building on every inch possible? What's up with that Zig Zag?

The zig-zag allows for maximum amount of exterior rooms with a window. It is not really a zig-zag, however, the corner of lake and pine is the pool dick with a few towne homes.

This pic looks like it is at least a week old, more wrapping is off, and I noticed on Tuesday night there were green lights on the top arches of the building.

The zig-zag allows for maximum amount of exterior rooms with a window. It is not really a zig-zag, however, the corner of lake and pine is the pool dick with a few towne homes.

This pic looks like it is at least a week old, more wrapping is off, and I noticed on Tuesday night there were green lights on the top arches of the building.

I can only assume that was a freudian slip

What is being built behind the paramount in the lot they are clearing in this photo?

This photo is at least several months old. The lot being cleared is the now the topped off 7 story senior assisted living (Lutheran?). You can also see the trailer on Lake Ave, which have been removed quite some times ago. But nice photo nonetheless.

Thanks again for the nice pics,

I notice that the top of the building design is missing quite a few details as compared to the illustration released pre-construction. So I checked the with the book I was given when I put deposit down and there is a lot missing. Is this some thing they would add later or just left out entirely.

Does any one have any pics of the South (back) and west side of the paramount?

thanks-

Nikos

Thanks again for the nice pics,

I notice that the top of the building design is missing quite a few details as compared to the illustration released pre-construction. So I checked the with the book I was given when I put deposit down and there is a lot missing. Is this some thing they would add later or just left out entirely.

Does any one have any pics of the South (back) and west side of the paramount?

thanks-

Nikos

I am with you Nikos Z, there is a lot left out. Unfortunatley, I don;t think they will add it later. That's it...

I am also curious to see a picture of the the South West corner with the structural problem. That corner supports the ramp, which averyone will be using to go up the parking... Last time I saw it, they were putting stucco and paint. I don't get it, are they planning to fix it or not?

I'm sure it is somewhere in this thread... somewhere... but does anyone have a webpage for the condo sellers? I'm just wondering what is left, what they are going for and what the floorplans look like. If I buy a condo, I think I want this building more than any other.

Archived