Construction Thread-Orlando-Paramount

Aga11940

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the plastic is to keep construction debris from blowing down onto Central.

That's exactly what it's for. I was walking by awhile back and asked one of the foremen who was standing by the fence.

It is to keep dust and debris from falling onto people, cars and roofs or anything else in the general vicinity.

Thats pretty funny, I think I answered that question when they put it up and nobody believed me.

In any case, Paramount is turning out nicely. I got a chance to walk the project yesterday and I was impressed with how it is turning out. There is a good deal of interior framing and drywall going up. The pool is beautiful as well, it has a very nice resort feel to it.

Congrats to those who were able to get in before the prices shot up.

Thats pretty funny, I think I answered that question when they put it up and nobody believed me.

In any case, Paramount is turning out nicely. I got a chance to walk the project yesterday and I was impressed with how it is turning out. There is a good deal of interior framing and drywall going up. The pool is beautiful as well, it has a very nice resort feel to it.

Congrats to those who were able to get in before the prices shot up.

Considering that you have pretty much been to all the new buildings during construction, how do you compare Paramount in its construction phase against the VUE, Sanctuary, Dynetech, etc?

[This is the same note for all of my picture posts today] I'm in town for a few days and today I went for a ride around downtown to see what's new. I took a few pictures as I drove around and the weather turned pretty crappy, so I'm not too proud of these shots...but at least you'll get an idea of what's happening.

Central Blvd. street wall, with some of The Paramount's art deco facade visible.

img4987el9.jpg

It looked like Cabinetry was being delivered to Paramount today.

somehow, i doubt they are that far along. i think you would want the building sealed off from the elements before you start bringing in cabinetry, flooring, etc.

but then again, the building is under wraps and i can't exactly tell if any glass is in place, so who knows

somehow, i doubt they are that far along. i think you would want the building sealed off from the elements before you start bringing in cabinetry, flooring, etc.

but then again, the building is under wraps and i can't exactly tell if any glass is in place, so who knows

When I did a hardhat walk through the Solaire during construction, there were open walls/windows/terraces to the elements and the cabinets were already delivered and sitting in the units

When I did a hardhat walk through the Solaire during construction, there were open walls/windows/terraces to the elements and the cabinets were already delivered and sitting in the units

And that may be common practice. At one point in my life (early 20s), I worked for a cabinetry company and we delivered to homes. They weren't finished either, but they always had the doors and windows in place before delivery of the "fine" woodwork.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived