RBC Plaza

NovaRaleigh

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know when the crane may grow again? It seems that the building is getting close to the point where the crane will have to move up. Looking at the renderings it looks as if they are coming down to the last two or three floors of office in this building. Maybe the crane will go up after they're finished with the office section of the construction?

Like most buildings the RBC plaza does not have a 13th floor. So in fact if you are looking at the building and counting floors the 22nd floor is in reality the 21st floor since we skipped the 13th floor.

It looks like they're putting the structural transition at the 21st floor, instead of the 22nd floor as indicated on the building section on the website. I have no idea what the discrepancy is about.

Like most buildings the RBC plaza does not have a 13th floor. So in fact if you are looking at the building and counting floors the 22nd floor is in reality the 21st floor since we skipped the 13th floor.

I knew someone would say that. Count the floors poured above the parking deck, and count the ones in the building section on the website. There's one less on the building.

I knew someone would say that. Count the floors poured above the parking deck, and count the ones in the building section on the website. There's one less on the building.

Thats what I did as well, and according to the building section pdf file on the website, they're one floor off. This is how I've kept track of how much is left to be completed on the building

Awesome shot. Thanks for sharing! I saw it while driving down western blv., near WRAL and it definitely has grown a good deal. I'm guessing this will be the cranes final height? Doesn't anyone know when the condo section of the building will be started on? I don't know how many more stories they have to go before the office section is done.

Some discrepancy in the discussion of the tower layout... I asked someone at YSU, and he said they were on the 20th floor last week, so probably 1-2 more to go until condos.

1..................retail

2-8...............parking

9-12, 14-21...office

22................transition

23-33............condos

If you compare the webcam image to the building sections plan off the website you can see they are on the 21st floor currently.

rbcbuildingwebcam.jpg

rbcbuilding.jpg

As you go from bottom to top, the building narrows at the 10th floor. counting up and skipping the 13th floor, they are currently on the 21st, which is the last office floor. 12 more to go! :thumbsup: think it'll be topped out by new year's?

Archived