RBC Plaza

NovaRaleigh

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LS3P is the architect on 300 S Tryon.... the other interesting thing is the RBC is rumored to be the anchor tenet for this new tower in Charlotte.

Next you will be claiming that RBC is rumored to be moving their headquaters to Charlotte. I love how these sorts of rumors always originate from our neighbors down south.

^I don't think anchor tenant is what you think it is. There is a BofA Plaza in Chapel Hill and a Wachovia Building in Raleigh but those would never be indicative of an HQ. They just set up ops in a building and pay some naming rights. RBC actually anchors several buildings including one down in Spartanburg etc.

The image no longer works for me. Is there another webcam link for this project? Thanks.

You have to wait about 20-30 sec for the image to appear. It still works.

Next you will be claiming that RBC is rumored to be moving their headquaters to Charlotte. I love how these sorts of rumors always originate from our neighbors down south.

Relax. He's just saying RBC will be a major tenant in that building, just like Wachovia has one here, but their HQ is in Charlotte. They just announced the move of their HQ to Raleigh--RBC isn't going anywhere.

It is speculated that RBC might be the anchor tenant because not long ago one of the Charlotte forumers 'stumbled' upon a rendering of this exact tower, only it had an RBC symbol at the top of it...it appears they were pitching this new tower to RBC, who is looking for a home in Uptown. Note that the article says that it's a spec tower. We'll have to wait and see how much, if any, of the office space RBC plans to occupy.

Here it is:

300south.jpg

Note the RBC symbol at the top.

It would be the RBC Capitol Markets Group which has been based in Charlotte for quite some time. The HQ is moving to Raleigh which is where it should be. The local RBC exec was quoted in the paper as saying that RBC is looking for some high profile office space in Uptown Charlotte...so the 300 S Tryon tower would make sense. I was the one who took the photo of the rendered tower with the RBC logo on it...so it seems to me like a solid rumor.

It is just ironic how similar this building is to the RBC HQ going up in Raleigh.

Can someone please explain to me why the RBC building is currently working on there 4th floor/level and the new Marriott hotel is now on there fifth? The hotel seems to have only started construction in the past month? And the RBC building started in Oct 2006? :dontknow:

It's because of the parking deck in the RBC. It's 6-11 stories of parking deck I believe and that requires more time to place each slab of elevated concrete in order to achieve the ramping up effect.

Can someone please explain to me why the RBC building is currently working on there 4th floor/level and the new Marriott hotel is now on there fifth? The hotel seems to have only started construction in the past month? And the RBC building started in Oct 2006? :dontknow:

Two conceptual reason.....the Hotel has been under constuction for quite some time in the form of building theparking deck beneath it...thoe are its footings...with RBC the footings were much much deeper because the building is much heavier and taller. I think actual above grade construction time has been about the same for both....

• 2 weeks later...

rbc_aerial.jpg

Didn't see this rendering on the website, I looked everywhere to make sure it wasn't, so here it goes, hopefully this is new to some people. I can't wait to see this building finished. I think it looks great. If this rendering is already posted I appologize.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived