RBC Plaza

NovaRaleigh

About three years ago I lived in at Village Green, an apartment complex on Lake Wheeler just outside the beltline and would frequently drive down Lake Wheeler to get downtown. Since then, it seems that the particular view of downtown from Lake Wheeler just before you go down the hill to South Saunders has become a bit more blocked by trees and overgrowth. Yet still, it is one of my favorite views just because it makes the buildings look much taller than they actually are, similar to the South Saunders "money shot."

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet still, it is one of my favorite views just because it makes the buildings look much taller than they actually are, similar to the South Saunders "money shot."

Two nights ago I drove some friends to the Amtrak station for their holiday trip. For some odd reason I decided to go a different route and took Boylan Ave down and then W. Cabarrus over from Boylan Heights. Right before you hit the station the road dips down really deep. My passenger blurted out "Wow...from here Raleigh's skyline looks REALLY tall!" :lol:

^^the parking deck was altered after Sandreuter got the Edison in the mix. I am not sure if the new configuration had retail or not since each Edison tower was to have some.

Edit. The parking deck does appear to have a retail space on the Blount street side. Plus the Edison Hotel (north building) has a restaurant at street level and the office tower (south building) has two retail spaces. Martin St from Fayetteville to City Market will including the RBC frontage, will be much much better than a couple of years ago.

You know what I like most about the RBC Plaza? The fact that it looks like it was built in Houston in 1981.

I guess we should know better than to expect anything decent (much less, anything good) from Highwoods.

Hooray that it's... um... tall?

You know what I like most about the RBC Plaza? The fact that it looks like it was built in Houston in 1981.

I guess we should know better than to expect anything decent (much less, anything good) from Highwoods.

Hooray that it's... um... tall?

Can't please everyone I guess. Personally I love RBC Plaza and am happy to see it on the skyline. It is one of the core pieces that has acted as a catalyst to new development downtown.

Archived