RBC Plaza

NovaRaleigh

I drove by today and the stone being put up looks really nice. The webcams to no justice, in my opinion, to how nice it will end up looking. Also thought it was neat seeing the sidewalk covers across the road from the crane. Gave a big city atmosphere.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crane is growing this weekend!

I saw the truck bringing the thing that lifts the crane.(I do not know what its called)

I the construction guys told me that they were lifting it this weekend.

That may be an extra show for the Raleigh Wide Open.

I thought the crane was growing, but it still looks the same height to me, just a little thicker at the top.

I thought the crane was growing, but it still looks the same height to me, just a little thicker at the top.

I did not realize that they were using two weekends to do the project.

The thicker part on top is what lifts the crane.

In front of the building on Fayetteville Street, You will see 7 sections 20 feet each staged to be lifted. Totaling 140 feet.

The video from the wral story shows the sections.

On one of the stories about downtown development this weekend, a rep from the Plaza said they had only about 11 left out of around 138. Does that sound right to you guys?

Kinda, but I wonder how many of those were bought by a larger firm that plans on leasing them out vs. individual owners.

So, come Monday, we should see a higher crane? Will it be to the full building height, or just another interim step. Walking by this project now it's getting pretty tall. I was walking down Wilmington the other day and they stopped all traffic, car and ped, to swing a crane down to deliver supplies to a lower floor. Pretty interesting to watch this thing grow. With all the projects in the pipe, we probably will need to get used to this over the coming years.

I thought wasps nested around Hayes-Barton and the Carolina Country club, not on the RBC construction cam....

It appears that the crane will have to rise again eventually. The current configuratoin looks to get the building to 20ish stories. That might be enough for the "office" part of the tower and then it will be lifted again to start the residential construction above that?

I was not expecting the marble to start going up on the lower floors' facade so early, but why not? The block to the east makes for a good staging area, at least until construction starts on the parking structure there. It looked like big building blocks spread out from City Market on Saturday night before the Night Ranger Downtown Live concert.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at RBC from the Progress Energy webcam it seems that they are putting up a metal skeleton that the glass could be secured on. Could someone look and see if I'm right or not. If so I can't wait to see it! Just wanted someone else to confirm what is actually being done.

Only two units left:

Highwoods Properties converted non-binding reservations to hard contracts for all but two of the 139 condos it is building at RBC Plaza at Fayetteville and Martin streets. The move comes a year earlier than expected. The units, with an average price of about $417,000, will be finished late next year.

IMO this type of demand for high-rise residential (~1 year prior to opening) is the reason that The Edison is moving forward.

Archived