RBC Plaza

NovaRaleigh

Heres a raw attempt at hacking the newest RBC rendering to include the east spire.

I think this really adds substance to an otherwise bland design, but thats my humble opinion.

post-8785-1149016075_thumb.jpg

WOW! I'll take either one. Thanks Dana and Transplant. Both are a major improvement IMO. The lines of the building are smoother and the transitions are more seamless. That is definitely a step or leap in the right direction. Is it too late to shame the Marriott guys into designing a decent looking building?

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres a raw attempt at hacking the newest RBC rendering to include the east spire.

I think this really adds substance to an otherwise bland design, but thats my humble opinion.

After thinking about it a little more I think that the two spire version looks quite impressive. Does anyone know how to forward this rendering to RBC's Scott Custer or Highwoods. Maybe they already tried this version and decided against it. But you never know.

DAM!,that looks good,i think you should design this building for real,your a pretty good hacker too! :yahoo:

YOU! (boing) asked for it. You gaaaaaht it R-Beeee-Seeee:

rbc_new.jpg

I love it. I know this has been said before but what if Soleil was downtown to fill the gap. That would have been an impressive entrance to the city. Anyways it is about time Raleigh grew up and start looking like the city we all want it to be....

I was wondering if any of you who may have went to the downtown living tour picked up the flier for the RBC building. A friend of mine went and I hadn't seen him since until last night, and as we were looking over all the ads and info he picked up I noticed that the new RBC rendering is the one that is shown on the flier. Kinda funny that no one noticed huh?

spotlight-rbc2.gif

Someone got my mind jogging yesterday and I thought,"What about replacing the cap and spire on top of the elevator core with something from RBC's logo." It could be a framework globe that is well lit at night and actually revolves, or it could be a 25' shiny gold lion statue, kind of like the one at the MGM Grand, but it would be on it's hind legs looking toward the west, like the indian on the US Capitol.

The point is that this building will hopefully not be our architectural centerpiece for a long time. I agree with those of you would think that spires need to be on buildings 50 stories or taller. A lion would add a lot of personality and have every child talking who ever comes downtown. That would be good for RBC's business and would help draw families downtown to see the big lion.

mgm.jpg

ncape2.jpg

If RBC wants to make a statement. They should do total redesign of their building and make a major mark on the Raleigh skyline instead of dinking around with this piddly squat of a building they are proposing.

If the dialogue from the N&O is true that they want a presence for themselves and play with the big boys in the financial industry. Then lets put up a world class building right smack in the heart of Raleigh!!!!!!!!

Forget the sign. Their Billboard is on Wade Avenue!!!!!!! The RBC Center!!!!! and its BIG A#* sign!!!!!!!

ahhh just get to building it. I agree its not that memorable, but it will add A LOT to the skyline of Raleigh. I'm excited about it.

and LOL at the lifeboat comment - it really does...maybe there's somethign they can do about that.

Ditto! :)

At least they are giving downtown Raleigh a new 100 million building and not sending it to the suburbs. :D Which is more than I can say for that other Raleigh based bank "First Citizens". :angry:

As cool as a balcony that high up would be for some, you wouldn't catch me lounging on one. I'm sure the view will be spectacular, but I would get a serious case of height fright! :shok:

What would your choice be???

A condo facing north or a condo facing south?

Archived