Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

This is sort of a general plea to you all. Keep eyes on the Development map thread and sent me a PM if you see anything missing. There is just so much going on, and so many announcements, I may be missing projects. Exciting times for Nashville right now and I expect the announcements to continue. We may be getting to the point of self sustaining growth. I guess what I am saying is that we may get to a point that the projects start to feed on each other. Apartments and condos will bring more shopping and restaurants, that will in turn bring more apartments, condos, and office buildings.

With the population increase of approx. 30,000 people last year in the Metro, I expect we will continue to see that number rise over the coming years. About 1/3 of that number was in Davidson County and I expect a lot were in the core. If we are to continue that increase, then we will need a minimum of 5 to 8 thousand new units a year just in Nashville proper.

If you hear of a project, let me know via PM.

Thanks

• Like 1

I know one of the architects who helped bulid that place, here's a little anectdote he told last time I saw him:

'Nashville' tv show person:  Hey could you keep it down we're trying to shoot a scene for the TV SHOW NASHVILLE

Him:  I'm trying to build a skyscraper here, get lost.

^Staggering what we've lost in the city... the mansions along West End, nearly every townhouse in the CBD, the original public square. If only it could've been preserved with newer buildings built further out instead of demolition for the newer and unattractive (or just demolition and a parking lot). :-(

• Like 4

^Staggering what we've lost in the city... the mansions along West End, nearly every townhouse in the CBD, the original public square. If only it could've been preserved with newer buildings built further out instead of demolition for the newer and unattractive (or just demolition and a parking lot). :-(

No question about that.   Some of those buildings were lost to fire, others to redevelopment.   Many were not necessarily considered "historic" when they were torn down, just "old and crumbling".     Each building, on an individual basis, seemed expendable and the city and developers didn't think they would be missed.   And, over time, they were all gone.   That sort of thinking continues today, btw.    Just look at the conversations we've had on this board recently about Cordell Hull, Stockyards, Geist, etc. and the divergent viewpoints about the merits of preserving them. 

• Like 1