Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

10 minutes ago, Vrtigo said:

Has there been any more murmuring of reuse of this massive parking lot? I know it belongs to the church and they have expressed no intention of selling it--I just loathe the fact that this entire stretch of Demonbreun is such a no-man's-land except for occasional activation during events at the MCC

(hello again, btw! 👋)

When I was looking at that picture earlier today, I was thinking the same thing. It's got to be developed soon. 

What a prime, prime piece of real estate in one of the best spots in Nashville. I am not up to speed on current exact land values in Nashville, but I would think a lot like this could fetch at least 30 or 40 million? Is that too low, even? 

It'd be incredible to see a 40 or 50 story tower go in there.

• Like 2

What are the five very tall chimneys at the river; a coal fired electricity plant?  Anyone know the history of that facility? 

I see the supports for the Victory Memorial Bridge under construction, which tells me that the whole James Robertson Pkwy urban renewal plan was already underway at that point. 

On 2/22/2023 at 10:49 AM, nashville born said:

Anybody have shots of the newly painted UBStower?

Here is one I took two weeks ago from Fourth and Union.   After having serious doubts about the update I have to admit they made a big improvement in the overall look.   Jeff Ruby should be pleased.

image.thumb.jpeg.430201ef66512769c9e5cdb743ba38a2.jpeg

• Like 3