Lagniappe

NCB

I've never seen or heard any of his comedy acts, but I would like to check out one of his acts sometime. What was his material mostly focused on?

You know who is is though, right? His act is forcised on the fact that hes a redncmkl.

hes from a small town in northn carolina and hes really a rednecmk,

he has some funny dances that ureally woulkdnt thing would be funny but 'lol; they are fubnnu!

^Holy crap WOW did I type that!?

Translation (this is what I was thinking at the time anyway)...

You know who he is though, right? His act is focused on the fact that he's a redneck. He's from a small town in North Carolina and he's really a redneck. He has some funny dances that you really wouldn't think would be funny, but (lol) they are funny!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know who is is though, right? His act is forcised on the fact that hes a redncmkl.

hes from a small town in northn carolina and hes really a rednecmk,

he has some funny dances that ureally woulkdnt thing would be funny but 'lol; they are fubnnu!

Having some typing problems there, Brian? redncmkl? fubnnu? :P;)

But yea I know who he is, and I figured his act would be based on his redneck....ness(?) I'll have to see if he's coming to SE Louisiana anytime soon, I'd really like to see one of his shows.

:cry: My New Orleans trip got cancelled due to lack of funds.....It's been a slow go around here and well, Ill have to settle for something closer. I was thinking Charleston, SC? Im not sure yet. I wish I could come down there and see all of what New Orleans has to offer, Im afraid this trip may have to be put off for a while, being Im saving for a trip to Italy next year, which has been a lifetime goal. New Orleans, youre still at the top of my list :)

:cry: My New Orleans trip got cancelled due to lack of funds.....It's been a slow go around here and well, Ill have to settle for something closer. I was thinking Charleston, SC? Im not sure yet. I wish I could come down there and see all of what New Orleans has to offer, Im afraid this trip may have to be put off for a while, being Im saving for a trip to Italy next year, which has been a lifetime goal. New Orleans, youre still at the top of my list :)

Ahh, that's a shame. But hey, Charleston is great too! ;) The other bright side is that if you come in a year or two, the city will be much cleaner, more active, and more populated than it is now.

Yeah I've heard good things about Charleston. For that matter I've also been seeing some interesting things from Greenville here on UP as well.

Yea I've only heard good things about Greenville, and I honestly don't think I've ever seen a bad picture of Greenville here on UP. It's represented very well. One of my friends went up to Greenville after Katrina, and he loved the city and the area in the 4 weeks he spent there before coming back to New Orleans.

• 3 weeks later...

NO HEIGHT RESTRICTION IN DOWNTOWN BR !

Every weekday the Advocate newspaper answers questions people ask. I asked them back in mid-May if there was a height restriction of 450 ft. in Baton Rouge due to the State Capitol ? They finally answered back !

Scroll-Down to Tuesday June 27th

http://www.2theadvocate.com/ask/

And new-urbanist Andres Duany's proposal on a 12-story limit did not pass. Please, smaller cities would frown on that as well. He had some great ideas, but that was not one of them.

Edited by richyb83

NO HEIGHT RESTRICTION IN DOWNTOWN BR !

Every weekday the Advocate newspaper answers questions people ask. I asked them back in mid-May if there was a height restriction of 450 ft. in Baton Rouge due to the State Capitol ? They finally answered back !

Scroll-Down to Tuesday June 27th

http://www.2theadvocate.com/ask/

And new-urbanist Andres Duany's proposal on a 12-story limit did not pass. Please, smaller cities would frown on that as well. He had some great ideas, but that was not one of them.

Wow, well I was sure wrong! I've just always been under the impression that no building in downtown Baton Rouge could be taller than the State Capitol, but I guess that's not the case. And the fact that the view wouldn't be obstructed of the Capitol because of all the greenspace around it makes alot of sense. I'm glad you wrote in and asked that, Richy! I'll add this to the list of things I have learned at UrbanPlanet. :D

Wow, well I was sure wrong! I've just always been under the impression that no building in downtown Baton Rouge could be taller than the State Capitol, but I guess that's not the case. And the fact that the view wouldn't be obstructed of the Capitol because of all the greenspace around it makes alot of sense. I'm glad you wrote in and asked that, Richy! I'll add this to the list of things I have learned at UrbanPlanet. :D

A 12-story limit in any downtown would be the worst thing a city could do. I'm glad there's no restriction, and congrats on getting your question in there and answered!

A 12-story limit in any downtown would be the worst thing a city could do. I'm glad there's no restriction, and congrats on getting your question in there and answered!

Yes congrats Richy! I bet it was pretty cool seeing your question up there. :D

Thanks yall ! I appreciate the support.

I always wondered about the height restriction myself. I was kind of under the impression Huey P. Long stated " no building taller than the Capitol". We are in a new millenium now, it's time to move forward. I am the one that told Mr. Rhorer about the ample greenspace buffering the capitol. Look at the skylines swallowing the common State Capitol's in Atlanta, Austin, Nashville, etc. Ours is the tallest, it should be no problem at all !

The idea of a 12-story height restriction is just plain stupid ! No decent sized city would ahere to that. Duany's hometown of Miami sure will not !

Not even Fort Myers would listen to that foolishness. I might understand implementing 12-story restrictions in Alexandria and Monroe. But really you ought to be able to build as tall as you want to !

The idea of a 12-story height restriction is just plain stupid ! No decent sized city would ahere to that. Duany's hometown of Miami sure will not !

Not even Fort Myers would listen to that foolishness. I might understand implementing 12-story restrictions in Alexandria and Monroe. But really you ought to be able to build as tall as you want to !

Yea, that 12 story height restriction idea is just stupid. Of course I understand height restrictions in places like the French Quarter, but trying to place a height restriction on even just the downtown area of a city with now over 800,000 people in its metro is just silly, much less the entire city.

And I agree with you about the state capitol building not getting swallowed up by skyscrapers. Who knows how the Baton Rouge skyline will look in 10 years, but the capitol building is tall enough, far enough away from the central downtown area, and surrounded by enough greenspace so that we we won't end up with a situation like Atlanta, where you really can't even see the Capitol amongst all of those skyscrapers everywhere. The Capitol is to great a building to be lost in a crowd of other high-rises. And now that I think about it, I wish the Old State Capitol was further out too, just because I would hate to see that fantastic building get lost in it all too.

I got bored and was searching YouTube for videos related to Shreveport and here are some of what I came up with:

I recommend this one highly, guys... ;)

LOL

*WARNING: bad quality video; profanity at the end

This one is pretty cool. *WARNING: graphic language at the very beginning

This one starts out really cool with a Google Earth zoom-in on the location

What can you guys find about your cities on YouTube? :) This could wind up being funny and cool seeing what all you guys can find.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Oh man, I can only imagine some of the stuff from New Orleans. ;)

The first video from New Orleans that pops up on YouTube is awesome....

I'll let you watch it and the post it... don't wanna steal your thunder. :) I believe you'll be VERY impressed by it!!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

This one is just awesome:

This one is actually kind of cool, it's basically what you see of downtown New Orleans once you've crossed the river on the CCC. It shows you just how far the skyline stretches, from the riverfront all the way up past the Superdome:

One a sports note, this video shows what is seriously one of the greatest moments of my life. The last minute play that lead our beloved Saints to their first playoff victory in franchise history back in 2000. :D:D:D

If you're a diehard Saints fan, this is 17 seconds of pure bliss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P33KsVSWN5c...h=new%20orleans

This one is just awesome:

Yep, that's the one. Awesome. VERY well done!

This one is actually kind of cool, it's basically what you see of downtown New Orleans once you've crossed the river on the CCC. It shows you just how far the skyline stretches, from the riverfront all the way up past the Superdome:

This one is pretty cool too... wow.

This one is absolutely incredible!

Makes you want to visit, huh? ;)

It makes me want to head into the city right now. I'm thinking about it actually, I might go find something to do in the Quarter. Enjoy some of the beauties of currently being single. :D

Makes you want to visit, huh? ;)

It makes me want to head into the city right now. I'm thinking about it actually, I might go find something to do in the Quarter. Enjoy some of the beauties of currently being single. :D

Haha, it does make me want to visit :D New Orleans has almost a San Francisco type feel to it.

And you have fun down in the Quarter :shades:

Haha, it does make me want to visit :D New Orleans has almost a San Francisco type feel to it.

And you have fun down in the Quarter :shades:

Once you visit, you'll experience the "New Orleans feel." NOLA is one of those cities with its own distinct flavor, it's something I've always loved about it.

And if I head down to the Quarter, it won't be until 10:30 or so. I'm also thinking about checking out some of the new clubs that have opened to all kinds of fanfare in the Warehouse District. Another thing I love about New Orleans, the nightlife is endless! :D

Once you visit, you'll experience the "New Orleans feel." NOLA is one of those cities with its own distinct flavor, it's something I've always loved about it.

And if I head down to the Quarter, it won't be until 10:30 or so. I'm also thinking about checking out some of the new clubs that have opened to all kinds of fanfare in the Warehouse District. Another thing I love about New Orleans, the nightlife is endless! :D

Definitely good to know :D

BTW, the real name's, Tommy. You all could call me by my real name, I insist. Tb is still good too :thumbsup: