NCB

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had Cane's again today for lunch. Mmmm... :D

I was supposed to go back to the gym this week but that hasn't happened yet.

I had some chicken and biscuts from Popeyes for the first time in about 3 months. Now that's some good eatin! :D

I had some chicken and biscuts from Popeyes for the first time in about 3 months. Now that's some good eatin! :D

You know, it's a toss-up between Cane's and Popeye's for me. The only chicken I like anymore is chicken fingers, so I always get the spicy chicken fingers at Popeye's. Would you believe Popeye's is only 1-2 miles from my office, but I drove PAST Popeye's another 2-3 miles for Cane's? I wanted it THAT bad.

You know, it's a toss-up between Cane's and Popeye's for me. The only chicken I like anymore is chicken fingers, so I always get the spicy chicken fingers at Popeye's. Would you believe Popeye's is only 1-2 miles from my office, but I drove PAST Popeye's another 2-3 miles for Cane's? I wanted it THAT bad.

Nothing top's Popeyes for me. NOTHING! :D

Gotta have the "New Orleans Spicy" recipe, and basically any chicken. I've also gotta have at least 2 biscuts, a side of mashed potatoes or red beans and rice, and maybe even some fried shrimp. That's how I roll at Popeyes. :P

Nothing top's Popeyes for me. NOTHING! :D

Gotta have the "New Orleans Spicy" recipe, and basically any chicken. I've also gotta have at least 2 biscuts, a side of mashed potatoes or red beans and rice, and maybe even some fried shrimp. That's how I roll at Popeyes. :P

Wanna know how I roll at Popeye's?

{drumroll} I ROLL out the door after I've eaten because I'm too stuffed to walk!

Yeah I know, because I'm funny like that.

No, seriously... I like the 3-strip combo...spicy... with mashed potatoes and cajun gravy and sweet n sour sauce, with an extra biscuit and plenty of honey!! :)

Edited by SBCmetroguy

So guys, here's something that just popped into my head...What are your favorite soft drinks? And do you have any favorites outside of the major brands?(Coke, Pepsi, etc)

Honestly I hardly ever drink any soft drinks. The few times I do it's usually trying out somehting new that's come out. I occasionally drink a Ginger People Ginger Beer. Natural Brew Ginger Beer is pretty good too.

Honestly I hardly ever drink any soft drinks. The few times I do it's usually trying out somehting new that's come out. I occasionally drink a Ginger People Ginger Beer. Natural Brew Ginger Beer is pretty good too.

Ginger People Ginger Beer? Where the heck do you find some of the stuff you find, Rod... :lol:

Sounds interesting. I've never had ginger beer. Is it like root beer?

As far as soft drinks go, I only drink diet sodas because they don't have all the sugar. I prefer Diet Cherry Coke, Coke Zero, and Diet Dr. Pepper. Outside of that, I like IBC Diet Root Beer, Diet A&W Root Beer, and Diet A&W Creme Soda.

Ginger People Ginger Beer? Where the heck do you find some of the stuff you find, Rod... :lol:

Haha, I was thinking the same exact thing. :lol:

I don't drink soft drinks that often, but I do like Dr. Pepper, Barq's Root Beer, and Sprite. I also really like a lesser-known Mexican soft drink named "Jarritos." It's a fruit flavored soft drink sweetened with actual sugar and not the stuff most American soft drinks are sweetened with nowadays. If you ever see it in your local supermarket or Wal-Mart, I highly recommend it. And it's also only 60 cents for a bottle. :thumbsup:

I don't drink soft drinks that often, but I do like Dr. Pepper, Barq's Root Beer, and Sprite. I also really like a lesser-known Mexican soft drink named "Jarritos." It's a fruit flavored soft drink sweetened with actual sugar and not the stuff most American soft drinks are sweetened with nowadays. If you ever see it in your local supermarket or Wal-Mart, I highly recommend it. And it's also only 60 cents for a bottle. :thumbsup:

Jarritos are awesome, my favorite is Fresa. I always get 'em when I go to Mexican restaurants :D

Ive been curious, Ive seen these palm trees all along the streets In New Orleans. What type of palms are they? I dont recall seeing palms like them anywhere else before, Im stumped :silly:

Edited by TBurban

I almost metioned those. With the large amount of Hispanics in the area they aren't too hard to find. I've also seen another Hispanic brand called Penafiel, a tilde over the n. They don't have as many flavors but it's sodas made from mineral water.

I almost metioned those. With the large amount of Hispanics in the area they aren't too hard to find. I've also seen another Hispanic brand called Penafiel, a tilde over the n. They don't have as many flavors but it's sodas made from mineral water.

I don't think I've ever seen Penafiel, but I imagine I'll end up finding it somewhere, whether it's here or Houston, or Arkansas, etc. If I ever see it, I'll have to try it.

I don't think I've ever seen Penafiel, but I imagine I'll end up finding it somewhere, whether it's here or Houston, or Arkansas, etc. If I ever see it, I'll have to try it.

It's not too easy to find up here either. It doesn't seem to be anywhere as big or popular as Jarritos.

like you said, regardless of who has the better chicken, Cane's is definitely of the "gotta-have" variety...esp. if alcohol is involved.

Sounds interesting. I've never had ginger beer. Is it like root beer?

As far as soft drinks go, I only drink diet sodas because they don't have all the sugar. I prefer Diet Cherry Coke, Coke Zero, and Diet Dr. Pepper. Outside of that, I like IBC Diet Root Beer, Diet A&W Root Beer, and Diet A&W Creme Soda.

Organic and natural foods are becoming more common up here in my area. There's also a large organic co-op up here. I think the Ozark Co-op is supposed to be the second biggest organic/natural foods co-op in the country. They distribute stuff all throughout the south and midwest. Ginger beer is basically a stronger version of ginger ale. It has a nice 'kick' to it. :D

Sorry I havent been around much, the Richmond forum has been a'buzz with new projects and proposed ones getting approved all in the past week. How's everyone? What'd I miss? :D

Oh you havent missed much, just alot of pictures and off-topic discussions! :D

I'm with Nate, I can't stand Carlos Mencia... and I loves me some comedy! I loved Dave Chappelle... I hate that he's gone.

Crap, that reminds me!! I'm supposed to check on tickets to see Jon Reep at the Funny Bone this weekend!! Those people never called me back and I really want to go see him. He's the funny redneck "Hemi" guy from the Dodge commercials and the redneck cop on the TV show 'Rodney' with Rodney Carrington.

I'm with Nate, I can't stand Carlos Mencia... and I loves me some comedy! I loved Dave Chappelle... I hate that he's gone.

Ahh man I hate it too. His show was absolutely hilarious. I still watch it in syndication as often as possible. :D

I went to see Jon Reep at The Funny Bone tonight. For those who don't recognize the name, he's the guy on the Dodge commercials who says, "HEY! That thing got a Hemi!?" He also plays the goofy, redneck cop on the ABC TV show 'Rodney.'

He's hilarious in person... his stand-up act is definitely something to see! And at $10 per ticket, you couldn't go wrong!

I went to see Jon Reep at The Funny Bone tonight. For those who don't recognize the name, he's the guy on the Dodge commercials who says, "HEY! That thing got a Hemi!?" He also plays the goofy, redneck cop on the ABC TV show 'Rodney.'

He's hilarious in person... his stand-up act is definitely something to see! And at $10 per ticket, you couldn't go wrong!

I've never seen or heard any of his comedy acts, but I would like to check out one of his acts sometime. What was his material mostly focused on?